Adam draws upon his background as a songwriter and front-man for a touring, indie rock band and nearly two decades of experience as an entertainment lawyer to create solutions for his clients’ legal, business and intellectual property needs. His trial, entrepreneurial and “in-the-trenches” experience provides a common bond with clients who put their hearts and souls into their creative and business endeavors.
Adam represents businesses, artists, creatives and entrepreneurs in transactional matters and complex litigation throughout the country. His practice has significant breadth, focusing on reviewing, drafting and enforcing contracts of all shapes and sizes, protecting and exploiting clients’ entertainment assets and intellectual property, business formation, commercial litigation, information technology and all aspects of entertainment law.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Adam was an attorney in the entertainment department of a Minneapolis-based law firm. He previously worked at a large, national law firm and, prior to that, ran his own boutique firm with two other partners.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
As part of his commitment to his clients’ needs and appreciation for developments in the law, Adam is heavily involved with the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA), public speaking and the community. Adam has held several leadership positions with the MSBA, including the current chair of the Arts & Entertainment Section of the MSBA after serving as Treasurer (2014 – 2015). Adam frequently speaks on hot topic legal issues in the creative, intellectual property, and information technology realms.
Adam is a board member of The Sanneh Foundation, Inc., national non-profit based in St. Paul, founded by Tony Sanneh, the U.S., European and MLS soccer star. For the past four years, he has been the emcee at the Foundation’s annual Gala 4 Goals event, which has been attended by thousands and has raised nearly $1 million to help at-risk youth in Minnesota and around the world. He is also a former board member of Rock the Cause, Inc., an award-winning Minnesota non-profit organization.
Outside of work, Adam enjoys writing and recording music, world travel, cheering for Minnesota sports teams and spending time with his wife, Paula; newborn son, Sebastian; and French bulldog, Stella, in their Tangletown, Minneapolis, neighborhood.
Adam’s representative experience includes:
- Music recording agreements, synchronization and master use licensing agreements
- Film licensing, production, distribution, option and purchase agreements
- Copyrights and trademarks
- Master Services Agreements and Scope of Work
- Business formation, operating agreements and employment agreements
- Non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements and trade secret protection programs
- Complex multi-party litigation involving commercial contracts, copyrights and intellectual property
Honors & Awards
- Named to "Minnesota Super Lawyers" (2015)
- Named among the “Twin Cities 25 Finest” young professionals by Minnesota Business Magazine and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2010)