As a member of the firm’s Corporate Department, Alex handles a range of corporate matters with an emphasis on:
- Entity formation, management and growth
- Commercial contract negotiation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Seed, angel and venture capital transactions
Alex advises on, negotiates, analyzes and drafts documentation for a variety of transactions, including stock purchase agreements; asset purchase agreements; stockholder agreements; limited liability company operating agreements; limited partnership agreements; stock restriction and repurchase agreements; right of first refusal agreements; employment agreements; and supply and distribution agreements.
- Represented an online retailer in $1.2M capital raise and Delaware LLC to corporation conversion, including advising on and drafting stock purchase agreement, investors’ rights agreement, right of first refusal agreement and employment and vesting agreements.
- Represented a laboratory in an asset acquisition and associated employment matters, including advising on, negotiating and drafting asset purchase agreement.
- Represented the founder of a medical instrument and device manufacturer in sale of business to next generation as part of coordinated estate and business succession plan, including advising on, negotiating and drafting asset purchase agreement, promissory note, mortgage and governance agreement.
- Represented a provider of health care management solutions in a corporate recapitalization, including advising on and drafting shareholder agreement.
- Represented a construction company in a corporate recapitalization to facilitate S Corp election.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Alex was a law clerk for the Honorable Franklin S. Van Antwerpen of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Previously, Alex was a summer associate with Fox Rothschild.
While in law school, Alex served as research editor for Temple Law Review for which he received the J. Howard Reber Memorial Award for Editing. He was also a research assistant to Professor David A. Hoffman, with whom he co-authored “Instructing Juries on Noneconomic Contract Damages,” published in Fordham Law Review. Alex graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif honor society.
Alex contributes to the firm’s Emerging Companies Insider blog, which focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors. Alex is ranked as a “very popular” author by Mondaq across many sectors, including venture capital.
Alex is also among the contributors to the firm's Franchise Law Update blog, which highlights not only the regulatory aspects of franchising but also diverse topics such as business finance, employment, litigation and the protection of intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights. Alex is ranked as a “very popular” author by Mondaq across many sectors, including contracts and commercial law and litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Honors & Awards
- M&A Deal of the Year (From $10MM to $25MM) for the Acquisition of Nelson Pipeline by Beirne Pipeline Holdings partnered with Axis Private Equity (2015)
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement
- Stewart P. Keeling Award
- J. Howard Reber Memorial Award for Editing, Temple Law Review
- Josef Jaffe Corporate Scholarship
- Honorable I. Raymond Kremer Memorial Scholarship