Amy assists public and private companies in navigating the complex set of laws and regulations in the areas of securities and corporate governance, including Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act and stock exchange rules compliance, general disclosure issues, and executive and equity-based compensation matters.
She also counsels clients in acquisitions, dispositions and capital-raising transactions, such as initial public offerings, secondary public offerings, shelf registrations, registered direct offerings, PIPE transactions, private placements and venture financings. Amy represents clients in a variety of industries but has particular experience with medical device and technology companies.
Serves as public company/corporate governance counsel to:
- The Toro Company
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
Entellus Medical, Inc.
- Northern Technologies International Corporation
Served as lead counsel for securities offerings by:
- Tornier N.V. (underwritten public offerings)
- Kips Bay Medical, Inc. (underwritten public offering)
- BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (several underwritten, registered direct and PIPE transactions)
- Merrill Corporation (IPO and Rule 144A debt offering)
- Select Comfort Corporation (IPO and secondary public offering)
- Northern Technologies International Corporation (registered direct offering)
Advised on sales and purchases of public and private companies:
- Sale of Tornier N.V. to Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Sale of RestorGenex Corporation to Diffusion Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Purchase by Tornier N.V. of OrthoHelix Surgical Designs, Inc.
- Sale of BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Purchase by BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. of Cell Genesys, Inc.
- Sale of ev3 Inc. to Covidien plc
- Purchase by ev3 Inc. of FoxHollow Technologies, Inc.
- Sale of Arizant Inc. to private equity firm (undisclosed)
- Purchase by Ronald Offutt of RDO Equipment Co. in tender offer and going private transaction
- Reverse spin-off by Ceridian Corporation of Arbitron, Inc.
- Sale of VidaMed, Inc. to Medtronic, Inc.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Amy was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP for 20 years.
Prior to law school, Amy served as a Jesuit Volunteer Corps volunteer.
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minneapolis by Chambers USA (2016)
- Included in a list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2006, 2008)