Andrew is a skilled real estate and corporate attorney who focuses his practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on the retail and restaurant industries, mixed-use development and warehouse leasing.
His clients include public and private companies, shopping center owners, nonprofit organizations and closely held businesses.
Andrew is experienced in all types of commercial leasing transactions for both landlords and tenants. He prepares agreements for both buyers and sellers regarding the acquisition and sale, financing, property management and development for a range of projects.
He also advises clients on a broad variety of real estate matters such as corporate and personal guaranties, assignments and subleasing, non-judicial foreclosure, default rights and remedies, easements, due diligence investigations, and restrictive covenants.
In addition, Andrew provides business counseling on corporate governance issues, entity formation, and operating agreements involving real estate projects.
Representative Clients and Services
Owners of first-class shopping centers and mixed-use projects
- Negotiation and preparation of retail and restaurant leases
- Advice regarding exclusives, co-tenancy, subleasing and guaranties
- Work letters and related tenant improvement issues
Land owners and developers
- Purchase and sale of vacant land
- Development of mixed use, multifamily, and warehouse projects
- Advice regarding title and due diligence issues
Technology and aerospace companies
- Negotiation and preparation of built-to-suit leases
Closely held, private and public companies
- Purchase and sale of commercial buildings
- Negotiation and preparation of office and warehouse leases
- Negotiation and preparation of cell tower leases
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Andrew was a principal with Riddell Williams.
Andrew began his legal career as a judicial law clerk for two years at the Washington Court of Appeals, Division II. While in law school, he served as senior articles editor of the Administrative Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Andrew is a member of the Seattle Rotary Club and served as co-chair of the International Service Committee from 2013 to 2015. He also serves as vice chair of the board of directors for Associates in Cultural Exchange, an international education nonprofit organization.
Andrew regularly provides pro bono assistance to local nonprofits, such as amending bylaws and counseling on various real estate issues.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington's “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” (2014)
- Recipient, Pro Bono Publico Commendation from the Washington State Bar Association