Andrew is co-chair of the firm's Class Actions group and represents corporations in an array of sophisticated litigation matters. He provides strategic counsel in the areas of patents, trademarks, advertising and brand protection.
As a trial lawyer, Andrew frequently serves as lead counsel in complex intellectual property, advertising and consumer fraud litigation. He often defends clients facing significant consumer and securities class actions and serves as lead counsel in numerous matters successfully tried to juries, judges, arbitrators and administrative law judges throughout the United States. Andrew also provides media counseling, conducts internal investigations and help companies devise and implement proactive policies to avoid and mitigate the risk of litigation.
- Successfully brought and defended trademark infringement and false advertising claims.
- Achieved a complete defense verdict after a lengthy trial of a $150 million damage claim in breach of contract and false advertising claims under the Lanham Act.
- Successfully defended several nationwide class action fraud and consumer fraud-based lawsuits.
- Successfully brought trademark infringement and counterfeiting claims against a company purchasing counterfeit goods from Chinese manufacturers.
- Petitions and defends inter partes review before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Defended and prosecuted patent infringement claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in class action securities fraud lawsuits and shareholder derivative actions.
- Handled numerous business lawsuits, including contract actions, tort claims and statutory claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Andrew was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Above the Fold
The increasingly scrutinized area of advertising and marketing has a wealth of legal hurdles. When creating content, advertising professionals and companies often find themselves in hot water with various regulatory agencies, such as the Federal Trade Commission. Andrew addresses these emerging trends and issues in the firm’s Above the Fold blog.