We assist animal-related businesses in the full range of corporate matters, including entity formation, financing, securities, ownership transition and exit strategy.
Veterinary practices turn to Fox for a wide range of services, including corporate compliance, franchise law issues, purchases and sales of veterinary practices or ancillary retail businesses, state professional licensing, pharmaceutical laws and regulations, management contracts and professional services agreements, as well as analysis of state laws on the question of who can legally own and operate veterinary practices.
We also represent clients in the prosecution of patents in animal and agricultural biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, and in defense of their intellectual property interests and rights. We advise clients in complying with regulations of the USDA, EPA and FDA.
Fox attorneys also:
- counsels clients on state and federal animal health issues, including biomedical research
- advise on compliance with FDA, USDA and relevant state laws and regulations
- devise litigation, discovery, settlement and trial strategies for litigation involving animal industries and intellectual property rights
- represents clients in animal cruelty litigation, including criminal cases
- defend businesses unfairly targeted by animal rights organizations and advise animal owners on compliance with laws and regulations