Jerald David August
West Palm Beach, FL
Co-chair of the firm’s Taxation & Wealth Planning Practice, Jerry practices out of the Philadelphia and West Palm Beach offices. His nationally recognized reputation and experience in taxation includes federal income taxation, including corporate and partnership taxation; international taxation, federal transfer taxation; tax litigation and tax controversy, including trials before the United States Tax Court, the United States Court of Federal Claims and applicable Federal District Courts and appellate argument before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; and estate planning for owners of closely held businesses and high-net worth individuals.
Jerry was named to Philadelphia’s Top Rated Lawyers by Martindale Hubbell (Av preeminent) for 2013 and 2012. For four consecutive years, Jerry has been named as one of the leading tax attorneys in Florida by Chambers USA.
Beyond Fox RothschildJerry represented the Tax Section of the Florida Bar Association before the U.S. Supreme Court in Estate of Hubert v. Commissioner. He also has served as adjunct professor, University of Miami Law School, and as visiting professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the Graduate Tax Program, University of Florida School of Law. Jerry and his wife, Susan, maintain a residence in Haverford, PA and in Jupiter, FL.
Client ResourcesFederal Taxation Developments Blog
Join nationally recognized tax attorney Jerald David August as he discusses recent tax legislation, regulations, rulings and case law developments have resulted in a significant amount of new information that can substantially impact taxpayers.View Blog
Jerry has published extensively on federal taxation and lectured at leading tax institutes. For a list of such articles, presentations and other professional accomplishments, go to www.fedtaxlaw.com
Honors and Awards
- Named one of "Pennsylvania's Top Rated Lawyers" in Business and Commercial, Taxation and Trusts and Estates through AV Preeminent ratings by Lexis Nexis, Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
- Honored as a "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers (2013)
- Selected as a "Top Lawyer" by South Florida Legal Guide (2013 - 2014)
- Listed in Philadelphia's “Top Rated Lawyers” in Estate Planning, Taxation and Trusts & Estates, in a special supplement to The Wall Street Journal, Philadelphia Inquirer and The Legal Intelligencer (2012, 2013)
- Included in a list of “Top Lawyers” by the South Florida Legal Guide (2012)
- For more than 20 years, included in the list of "The Best Lawyers in America" for Tax Law and Trusts & Estates
- Named "West Palm Beach Tax Lawyer of the Year," by Best Lawyers (2011 through 2013)
- Named as one of the leading tax attorneys in Florida, Chambers USA (2008 through 2013)
- Included in the list of "Super Lawyers" in the field of Tax by Super Lawyers Magazine (Corporate Counsel Edition) (2009)
- Included in the list of "Super Lawyers" by Law & Politics Magazine (2009 - 2012)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell in Pennsylvania and Florida
- Included in the list of "Super Lawyers," as well as a "Top 100 Florida Lawyers," by Law & Politics Magazine (2007)