Amit handles a range of complex commercial and business-related litigation matters, and has extensive experience representing corporations in court and arbitration. Amit also has extensive experience counseling clients subject to government invesigations.
Amit represents clients in the following areas:
- Complex corporate and commercial litigation involving breach of contract and business torts in federal and state court
- Government investigations and regulatory compliance
- State and federal appeals
Amit’s representative matters include:
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss various tort claims in a complex commerical litigation involving the gaming industry.
- Drafted successful motions to dismiss in a fraudulent misrepresentation matter.
- Served as counsel for advisers and a broker-dealer in a FINRA arbitration hearing involving claims of unauthorized trading, suitability, fraud, misrepresentation and failure to supervise.
- Served as counsel for a defendant in a breach of letter intent and numerous business torts.
- Obtained writ of certioria in the Court of Appeals of Maryland on a condemnation matter.
- Counseled a firm providing commodities and future trading recommendations on registration and regulatory requirements.
Before Fox RothschildAmit was a summer associate at Fox Rothschild. During law school, he served on the Domestic Violence Project and as a member of the Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion. Amit was also a participant in the Philadelphia Diversity Law Group and is a former member of the group’s alumni board.
Beyond Fox RothschildAmit is a member of the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association, which encourages the development of young lawyers, plans community outreach and promotes pro bono activities. He is also a member of the Young Lawyers Editorial Board for The Legal Intelligencer. Amit is on the advisory board of Focus on Homeless Animals, a nonprofit that places homeless dogs with families.
Securities Compliance Sentinel Blog
The highly regulated securities and financial industry has a host of complex problems—and financial institutions often find themselves on the receiving end of audits, investigations and other compliance issues. Amit shares his knowledge and experience to address cutting edge issues in the firm’s Securities Compliance Sentinel Blog. Join this team of bloggers in their exploration of this increasingly complex area.
Desk References (pdf files)
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers (2013)