Burton J. Jaffe
Burt has extensive experience in:
- financial transactions
- real estate development, leasing, acquisitions, exchanges, and dispositions
- environmental transactions
- business transactions
He represents and counsels lenders in:
- negotiation, documentation, and closing of construction, cash flow, and asset-based loans
- the workout of loans with financially troubled companies
- bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- the environmental conditions of property being considered as security for loans
Burt's real estate practice includes:
- representing clients in the sale, acquisition, development, leasing, and financing of shopping centers, industrial parks, office buildings, and single-family residential developments
- counseling design professionals, contractors and developers in contract and lease sustainability issues
- representing clients in the sale and acquisition of closely held businesses
Highlights of Burt’s experience include:
- Representation of health care company in the sale of real property located in Hudson County upon which it operated a 278-licensed bed hospital facility to a New York Stock Exchange REIT and the lease back of such real property for the continued operation of the hospital facility.
- Representation of a health care company in the acquisition of the non-real estate assets of a hospital facility located in Hoboken, New Jersey and the lease of said facility for the continued operation of the hospital facility by the company.
- Representation of a chemical manufacturing company in the sale of its research and development campus property located in Plainsboro, New Jersey to a Princeton based hospital facility and the short term lease back of the property.
- Representation of the aforesaid chemical company in the lease of the two design to build buildings aggregating over 110,000 square feet of space.
Before Fox Rothschild
Burt served as Acting Judge in the Lawrence Township Municipal Court and as a law secretary to Hon. Samuel D. Lenox, Jr., Judge of New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division—General Equity.
Burt has planned, written and spoken on various matters of interest relating to building green and sustaining development and leasing.
Honors and Awards
• Chosen as finalist for NJ NAIOP 2009 "Deal of the Year" for work as lead counsel on multi-million dollar sale of a research campus by a chemical manufacturing company to a hospital facility and lease back of the research campus.