Glenn M. Massina
Blue Bell, PA
Glenn counsels clients on patent and trademark protection and enforcement, intellectual property clearance evaluation, licensing of intellectual property rights and patentability, validity and infringement issues. He has extensive experience prosecuting patent applications and has participated in numerous proceedings in federal courts as well as the U.S. Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
Glenn has handled intellectual property matters involving such technology as:
- Automotive applications - engines, electronic and hydraulic brakes systems, transmission systems, vehicle control systems, location and mapping systems, and advanced driver assistance systems;
- Optical - optical scanning equipment, night vision optics, and optical sensors;
- Material handling – test head manipulators and docking systems, screw conveyors, roll conveyors, pallets, paper making machinery, shock absorption, and bearings;
- Fluid handling – waste water treatment equipment, valves, compressors, pumps, and driers;
- Power equipment – road paving equipment, drills, reciprocating saws, torque wrenches, and battery operated tools;
- Locks – portable locks, lock cylinders, electronic lock actuators, door hardware, and master keying systems;
- Medical devices – wrist implants, spinal implants, joint replacement, retractable syringes, dialysis systems, medication control systems, dental and surgical tools, stents, and catheters.
Glenn is a frequent author of articles relating to integration of IP strategy with a business plan, reasons to obtain opinions-of-counsel, avoiding investorship issues and post grant patent review. He has led patent claim drafting workshops and presented on topics including trade secret protection, patent clearance strategy, patent damages and minimizing estoppel and IP protection strategies.
Before Fox Rothschild
Glenn was previously a shareholder at an intellectual property law firm where he was co-chair of the patent prosecution department. He has also worked at several other intellectual property boutique law firms in the Philadelphia region throughout his career.
While in law school, Glenn served as research editor for the Hofstra Labor Law Journal