Ian D. Meklinsky
Ian practices labor and employment law, representing employers across the country in both union and non-union contexts. He works closely with human resource professionals and in-house counsel to navigate the increasingly complex workplace-related rules and regulations mandated by the myriad of laws to provide creative, practical, cost-effective advice and solutions to employment issues.
In the unionized area, Ian focuses on:
- union avoidance/union organizing campaigns
- representation proceedings
- strikes, mass picketing, and union access disputes
- collective bargaining and contract administration
- unfair labor practice proceedings
Ian also counsels and assists employers with respect to, among other things:
- development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- discipline and discharge of employees as well as employee leave issues
- development and administration of Affirmative Action Plans
- negotiation, drafting and enforcement of employment and severance agreements
- harassment avoidance and training
Additionally, a significant portion of Ian's practice includes:
- ensuring compliance through periodic labor and employment-relations audits
- court appearances and administrative hearings on a variety of subjects, including wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, occupational safety and health matters (OSHA), wage and hour disputes, unemployment compensation claims, non-compete, non-disclosure and trade secret disputes
In conjunction with the firm's Tax Department, Ian provides advice with respect to tax implications of employment-related matters and provides extensive counseling and guidance on employee benefits.
Ian is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Beyond Fox RothschildIan was a Pupil and now is a Bencher of Southern New Jersey in the New Jersey State Bar Association/Labor & Employment Law Section, the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court, and was the Assistant Coordinator for the Camden County Bar Association for the 1994 New Jersey State Bar Foundation Vincent J. Apruzzese Mock Trial Competition. He lectures frequently to various professional, civic and employer groups. Ian publishes on employment-related topics and is often quoted on these subjects. He is a contributing author to the American Bar Association's treatise on The Fair Labor Standards Act, West Publishing's treatise on Advising Small Businesses, and the ALI-ABA Manual on Advising Clients.
Fox Rothschild e-Book / Desk Reference
Successful Employment Termination Strategies: How to Get Rid of the Troublesome Employee
Download e-Book (pdf file)
While litigation is often unavoidable and ultimate success can never by guaranteed, the simple truth is that practices and decisions that make sound, practical business sense are the most defensible in litigation. An employment termination decision is, simply, a business decision with potentially significant legal consequences that should be considered, made and implemented with the same degree of care that attends any other comparable decision.