Jeffrey M. Hall
Jeff brings significant experience to the Real Estate Department, where he concentrates in:
- land use matters, including zoning and planning approvals, land use litigation and zoning challenges, ordinance amendments, master plan modifications, and redevelopment projects
- representation of applicants before planning and zoning boards, governing bodies and other agencies
- Tax appeals, eminent domain matters and property rights claims
- commercial real estate
- outdoor advertising law
- Green building (LEED) and real estate energy law
Jeff serves as co-chair of the firm's Real Estate Tax Appeals Group.
Before Fox Rothschild
As a Deputy Attorney General of New Jersey, Jeff:
- advised the New Jersey Department of Transportation
- tried complex highway contract, civil rights, and eminent domain cases
- successfully argued appeals in the Appellate Division, the New Jersey Supreme Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
At the start of his career, Jeff served as law clerk to the presiding Judge of the Criminal Division in Morristown, NJ.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
As counsel to New Jersey Outdoor Advertising, Jeff co-authored the New Jersey Outdoor Advertising and Roadside Sign Control Act and New Jersey’s outdoor advertising regulations. He chairs the Mercer Regional Chamber’s Route 130 Vision Team, which studies land use and transportation patterns in eastern Mercer County and proposes improvements to the communities.
Jeff serves on several charitable boards, is president of the Mercer Family of YMCAs and is the immediate past president of the Greater Trenton Area YMCA. He served a two-year term as a delegate to the 2007 National Assembly of Y-USA. His community involvement has also included service as trustee, president, vice president, and coach for several youth sports organizations.