Jeffrey M. Pollock
Jeff focuses his practice on complex litigation, environmental law and policyholder representation. He is recognized as a leading environmental lawyer by Chambers USA and was certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This certification is bestowed by the court upon select attorneys who demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice and have been recognized by their peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated area of law, among other requirements.
He has significant experience in:
- Advising policyholders as well as representing them at trial on complex insurance claims, including intellectual property coverage, Bermuda form claims, products liability coverage, regulatory estoppel claims and coverage for alleged unfair trade practices
- Trying liability and allocation regarding CERCLA and Natural Resource Damage (NRD) claims
- Representing parties before state and federal courts and applicable regulatory agencies
- Advising manufacturing, chemical and pharmaceutical companies regarding RCRA, underground storage tanks (UST) and Right-to-Know obligations
Jeff has represented policyholders in litigation, including, but not limited to, cases involving:
- Comprehensive General Liability (CGL)
- Business interruption
- Umbrella liability
- Products liability
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jeffrey was elected to serve as a member of The American Law Institute (ALI) – a nonprofit, independent organization dedicated to producing scholarly work that clarifies, modernizes and improves the law. As a member, Jeffrey has the opportunity to assist other lawyers, judges and academics in influencing the development of the law in both existing and emerging areas.
In 2013, Jeff was elected to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. The foundation serves as a research organization dedicated to the study of law, legal institutions, and legal processes. Attorneys are elected by peers, all of whom are Fellows, and chosen for their outstanding achievements and professional distinction.
A frequent speaker and prolific author on environmental issues, Jeff is an Editor of the Environmental Liability, Enforcement, and Penalties Reporter. He is a certified mediator for both the federal and state courts of New Jersey.
Jeff is slated to author two chapters titled, “The General Liability Policy” and “Scope of Coverage Under the General Liability Policy” for the American Bar Association’s upcoming book Environmental Liability and Insurance Recovery. He is also a professional scuba instructor.
Client ResourcesNew Jersey Litigation Law Blog
More than seven million new cases are filed in New Jersey's courts; therefore, it is important to have a team of litigators experienced in and knowledgeable of the Garden State's laws, regulations and pressing issues. By following Jeffrey Pollock and our team of New Jersey attorneys, you'll stay up to date on the latest cases, read about new developments and learn the implications of decisions that come before New Jersey’s courts. View Blog
Honors and Awards
- Named as one of the leading environmental (2008-2013), General Commercial (2013) and litigation insurance (2012-2013) attorneys in New Jersey, Chambers USA
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Included in a list of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the area of Environmental Law (2006 to 2013)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2007 through 2012)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" in the field of Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers Magazine (Corporate Counsel Edition) (2010)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey's Best Lawyers" in the area of Environmental Law (2011)
- Included in The International Who's Who of Environment Lawyers (2012)