Jonathan D. Weiner
Named as one of the leading health care attorneys in New Jersey by Chambers USA, Jon concentrates his practice in the representation of New Jersey health care providers, especially such institutions as:
- comprehensive rehabilitation hospitals
- long-term care nursing homes
- assisted living facilities
- medical day care programs
Since 1976, Jon has been general counsel to the Health Care Association of New Jersey, the state’s largest interest group of proprietary and not-for-profit nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and medical day care programs.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jon served as a Deputy Attorney General of New Jersey assigned to the New Jersey Department of Health. He was the principal draftsman of the nation’s first comprehensive Certificate of Need statute and participated in drafting the Health Care Facilities Financing Authority statute. After law school, Jon served a one-year clerkship to the late Hon. Gordon Brown of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Widely recognized as an authority in the field of health care and nursing home law, Jon has given seminars to attorneys throughout the U.S. regarding the representation of nursing facilities. Jon sits on the Supreme Court of New Jersey's Civil Practice Committee. He is married and has three children and four grandchildren.
Honors and Awards
- Named as one of the leading health care attorneys in New Jersey, Chambers USA (2011 and 2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Included in a list of "The Best Lawyers in America" (1991 to 2013)
- Named "Princeton Health Care Law Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers (2012)
- Included in a list of "Top 100 Lawyers in New Jersey" (1994, 1999, 2001 to present)
- Included in a list of "New York Area's Best Lawyers" (2002 to present)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey Super Lawyers" (2004 to present)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey's Best Lawyers" in the area of Health Law (2011 and 2012)
- Included in a list of "America's Most Honored Professionals" (2011)