Martha F. Reilly
As a member of Fox Rothschild’s Corporate Department, Frannie counsels nonprofit clients on corporate governance, corporate policies/best practices, compliance issues, and affiliations and alliances. She also provides education and training to nonprofit board members on their fiduciary obligations and duties and, when requested, attends or facilities board meetings.
In addition, Frannie works with clients on mergers, sales and acquisitions for both established and emerging growth companies. She advises clients in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate governance, employment agreements, noncompetition agreements, stockholder agreements and nonprofit corporation formation and operation.
In the public finance capacity, Frannie serves as bond, borrower, institution and underwriter's counsel to clients, including issuers, colleges, universities, schools, health care institutions, state agencies and investment banking firms. Her practice includes advising these clients with the issuance, offering, structuring, remarketing and restructuring of tax-exempt and taxable municipal securities and other debt instruments. Frannie has worked on variable rate and fixed rate deals including:
- Serving as bond counsel for a state issuance of more than $600 million in new money and refunding
- Serving as bond and hospital counsel for an issuance of $290 million in new money and refunding
- Serving as underwriter's counsel for an issuance of more than $92 million in new money for a local university
Before Fox Rothschild
Frannie gained experience in corporate law, bankruptcy, labor, litigation, and real estate in positions including:
- judicial extern for the Hon. Sandra Schultz Newman, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- legal intern in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Philadelphia
- intern in the Lehigh County District Attorney’s Office in Allentown, PA
Before law school, she was a Consultant at Accenture in New York City, where she worked with financial services corporations to analyze and restructure processing systems as well as review and draft disaster recovery procedures.
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a 2012 "Lawyer on the Fast Track" by The Legal Intelligencer
- Named to the Pro Bono Honor Role by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania for her pro bono work with Philadelphia VIP LawWorks
- Named "Philadelphia VIP Volunteer of the Month" for the month of August 2010
- Included in the list of "Pennsylvania Rising Stars" in Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006, 2007, and 2008)
- Member, Moot Court Executive Board, Villanova University School of Law
- Winner, Best Brief, National Juvenile Law Moot Court Competition
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Lehigh University