Michael L. Temin
Named as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA, Michael has extensive experience representing debtors, creditors committees and others involved in the restructuring or liquidation of insolvent businesses, in the purchase of assets from insolvent businesses and, in structuring transactions with businesses in financial distress.
Michael also has extensive experience in the areas of legal ethics and professional responsibility. He was the co-chair of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Committee on Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility and the chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association Committee on Professional Responsibility and remains a member of both committees. Michael served as Ethics Counsel to the PBA Committee prior to the employment of current counsel.
Michael has participated in many CLE programs on bankruptcy and on ethics and has served as an expert witness in both disciplines.
Before Fox Rothschild
Michael was Of Counsel at WolfBlock LLP and had been an associate and a partner in its Litigation and Financial Services Groups.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Michael is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School where he teaches a course on Chapter 11. He is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and was a Regent from 1997-2003 and the Scholar in Residence from 2005-2009.
Client ResourcesArticles / Publications
• Contributing author, Collier on Bankruptcy
• Contributing author, Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide
• Contributing author, Bankruptcy Litigation Manual
• Co-editor and contributing author, Pennsylvania Ethics Handbook
Honors and Awards
• Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA
in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law (2012-2013)
• Order of the Coif
• Award for extraordinary efforts as co-chair of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee (2007)
• Special Achievement award for over 20 years of service to the Pennsylvania’s Bar Association’s Legal Ethics And Professional Responsibility Committee (2003)
• Thomas A. O’Boyle Visiting Distinguished Practitioner, University of Pennsylvania Law School (1985)
• I. Grant Irey Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania Law School (1998, 2003-04)
• Included in a list of "Best Lawyers in America" for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2010-2014)
• Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" in the field of Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers Magazine
(Corporate Counsel Edition) (2010)