Nicholas T. Menas
Nicholas is a highly skilled real estate attorney who has extensive experience representing commercial, industrial and residential developers, public utilities, telecommunications and casinos. Accordingly, Nicholas has negotiated complex real estate transactions and practiced before an extensive number of municipal planning and zoning boards, as well as a large number of state agencies.
Nicholas has extensive knowledge in the areas of land use, zoning, public private partnerships, redevelopment, affordable housing compliance under the Mount Laurel Doctrine, the Federal Fair Housing Act, the New Jersey Fair Housing Act, the New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, the New Jersey Department of Transportation, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, as well as the Federal Telecommunications Act.
Nicholas has successfully secured subdivisions, site plans, development plans, planned unit developments and telecommunications approvals on behalf of his clients, in more than 250 different municipalities across the State of New Jersey.
Among the matters Nicholas has handled, he has:
- Assisted Revel hotel and casino with approval from New Jersey's Economic Development Authority for a $261.4 million tax incentive pursuant to the Economic Redevelopment and Growth Grant Program.
- Assisted Toll Brothers, Inc. in gaining approval from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for a mixed use development comprised of 925 residential units and 60,000 square feet of retail space.
- Assisted John Canuso, Sr. in gaining approval from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for sewer service for a mixed use development comprised of 1,550 residential units and 350,000 square feet of commercial retail space.
- Assisted Clear Wireless in gaining more than 600 planning board and/or zoning board approvals for telecommunication sites in more than 300 New Jersey and Pennsylvania municipalities.
- Assisted a developer in gaining approval for a mixed use development comprised of more than 400 residential units and more than 36,000 square feet of retail space in a New Jersey municipality.
- Assisted a developer in gaining approvals for a 132 unit affordable housing family rental community.
- Assisted Pulte Homes in gaining approvals from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, County of Atlantic and Township of Egg Harbor for a 569 unit residential community.
- Assisted Pulte Homes in gaining approval from the Township of Florence and the County of Burlington for a 96 unit residential community.
Before Fox Rothschild
Nicholas served on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s transition team, as part of the Transition Counsel, which provided legal support to the 19 subcommittees of the governor’s transition team.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Nicholas is a member of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Stakeholder Group for Emergency Rule Revisions for vital state permits required in the rebuilding efforts post Superstorm Sandy, including FEMA Mapping.
Nicholas is also greatly involved in his community, serving as a board member of Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.), which informs K-12 students in more than 500 New Jersey communities about the dangers of drugs, gangs and violence. He also serves on several boards for higher education at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and Atlantic Cape Community College.
Honors and Awards
- Included in "The Power List 2013," a list of 101 of New Jersey's most powerful non-elected officials, by PolitickerNJ