Philip L. Hinerman
A founding Board member of the Delaware Valley Green Building Council, Phil Hinerman is a LEED-Accredited Professional by the United States Green Building Council. He is also editor of Fox's Legal Tastings blog. He has practiced on the cutting edge of environmental litigation, wine and spirits law, land use and green building for more than 25 years. Chambers & Partners ranks Phil one of Pennsylvania’s leading environmental lawyers. Phil has expanded his practice to California and has extensive experience in federal and state regulatory litigation and counseling.
Phil is the immediate past chair of the Environment and Energy Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He also is a frequent witness and consultant to law firms and corporations regarding environmental matters. He serves on the Rules Committee of the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board.
Phil has combined his wine and spirits education and certification to practice in areas of interest to the wine and spirits industry, including issues related to regulation, sustainability, land use and hospitality.
As a former in-house attorney, Phil is sensitive to the business challenges and priorities of his clients and works closely with them to achieve the results in the most expeditious way. Phil's experience also includes:
- Developing protocols for conducting due diligence in commercial transactions
- Providing advice to buyers and sellers in acquisitions and real estate matters
- Assisting companies in developing effective environmental programs and policies
- Working closely in regulated industries such as trucking and alcohol regulations
- Addressing land use and environmental issues before local community governments
Phil is also Fox Rothschild’s first Chief Sustainability Partner, charged with overseeing the implementation of firm wide green initiatives. He is also a course planner for the Boc Institute power law conference.
Before Fox Rothschild
Phil was associate corporate counsel with Leaseway Transportation Corp., where he developed the company's environmental program and supervised all real estate, litigation and regulatory matters.
Beyond Fox RothschildPhil's interest in, and expertise in, wine led him to pursue and earn the status of a Diploma in Wine and Spirits from the WSET and he is a Certified Specialist in Wines by the Society of Wine Educators. He is a frequent lecturer in wine programs around the country.
Client ResourcesLegal Tastings – A Wine Law Blog
With wine production active in all fifty states, the legal and business environment for the wine industry is continually changing and growing. Join our experienced team of bicoastal attorneys as they examine recent developments impacting the industry in tax, business succession planning, international trade, intellectual property, immigration, labor and employment and more. View Blog
Honors and Awards
• Named one of the leading Pennsylvania environmental attorneys by Chambers and Partners in its “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” (2012-2013)
• Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
• Included in the list of "Super Lawyers" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006, 2009 and 2010)
• LEED AP