Sandra A. Romaszewski
Named one of the leading corporate attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA
, Sandy focuses her practice in corporate, insurance and international matters for public and private companies, including mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and private placements, corporate governance, joint ventures and insurance regulatory matters. She advises businesses during all phases from formation to sale or dissolution. Her experience includes forming, dissolving and qualifying companies; ensuring corporate clients are in compliance with statutory requirements; and drafting and negotiating stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, distribution agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements and office lease agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild from law school, Sandy was a corporate paralegal/legal secretary for DLA Piper US LLP and Reed Smith LLP in Philadelphia.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sandy is actively involved in her community serving as a director (and most recently served as the corporate secretary) for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia, Inc., as a director for the Bridesburg Boys & Girls Club and as a trustee for the Henry Reed Hatfield Nicetown Playground located in Philadelphia.
Sandy's pro bono activities involve providing free basic estate planning documents to first responders (including firefighters, police officers, paramedics, EMTs, correctional officers, probation officers and other sworn personnel from federal, state, county, city and town departments and agencies) and military veterans in Pennsylvania through the Wills for Heroes program, which is co-sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division.
Sandy also serves on the Paralegal Studies Program Advisory Committee at Peirce College in Philadelphia.
- Represented Harleysville Group Inc. (NASDAQ: HGIC) in its $834,000,000 acquisition by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange company in a number of acquisitions and divestitures. The enterprise value of these transactions is in excess of $240,000,000.
- Represented a larger, national general labor staffing provider in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a large, national blue-collar staffing provider for a base purchase price of $48 million.
- Represented a logistics company in its international reorganization and subsequent sale of 55 percent of its equity to a private equity firm for $60 million.
- Represented a manufacturer of organic beverages in a series of equity investments— totaling more than $21 million—made by private equity investors from Switzerland, The Bahamas, Canada and the United States.
- Represented an international specialty freight forwarding and logistics company in a series of transactions including: (1) the acquisition of two companies in England; (2) the formation of a joint venture in Mexico with a Brazilian company; (3) the acquisition of three companies in Mexico; and (4) the acquisition of a U.S. company that is a leading freight forwarding company for the fine arts industry. The enterprise value of these acquisitions was in excess of $30 million.
- Represented a Canadian reinsurance company in a series of acquisitions and divestitures where the enterprise value of these transactions was in excess of $20 million.
- Represented an insurance agency and brokerage business in the sale of its assets for $3.75 million.
- Represented a wholesale and retail seller of DVDs, Blu-ray discs and video games in the sale of its business for $525,000.
- Represented a Pennsylvania mutual insurance company in its purchase of a Pennsylvania insurance adjustment agency.
- Represented a distributor of specialty and gourmet foods to restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores in the sale of its assets in New York and New Jersey to another specialty and gourmet foods distributor for $8.9 million.
- Represented a company in its purchase of assets of a restaurant in Delaware.
- Represented a distributor of forklifts, aerial lifts, warehouse products, construction equipment and stand-by power generators in the sale of its aerial lift business for $6 million as well as the refinancing of its existing credit facility and its securing of a new credit facility for $22 million.
Desk References (pdf files)
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of Verdina Y. Showell Award from the Pennsylvania Bar Association for her outstanding community service and commitment to Wills for Heroes (November 2013)
- Named as one of the leading corporate attorneys in Pennsylvania, Chambers USA (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Presented with the Alumni Honoree Award from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia, Inc. for her continuous commitment and dedication to the organization (2012)