Wayne E. Pinkstone
Wayne focuses his practice in labor and employment matters with significant experience in assisting in-house counsel, human resources executives and company officials in identifying and solving workplace legal issues. His clients include employers in the health care, manufacturing, service, retail, technology and financial industries.
Wayne is experienced in developing strategies and tactics to help contain costs associated with employee-relations, personnel and labor issues. He advises clients on leave and disability matters at the federal and state level and on employment discrimination, diversity, sexual harassment, workplace safety, wage and hour compliance and reductions in the work force. He also conducts in-house training sessions on such topics as leave and disability, hiring practices, employee discipline, terminations, investigations, harassment prevention and supervisory skills and practices.
Wayne also defends employers in federal, state and administrative courts in claims involving discrimination, wrongful discharge, employee whistle-blower and wage and hour collective actions. Wayne has litigated matters before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration with respect to matters involving OSHA fall protection, noise and construction standards. In addition, Wayne handles disputes concerning restrictive covenants and trade secrets and assists clients with the creation of noncompetition, nonsolicitation and nondisclosure agreements.
Wayne's recent representative matters include:
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of an international corporation sued by a former employee claiming she was discriminated against because of her gender
- Obtained judgment on behalf of a national corporation sued by two former employees claiming race discrimination and retaliation
- Obtained a favorable settlement of wage and hour collective action on behalf of an international manufacturing company
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Wayne was a partner with Fisher & Phillips, LLP; Saul Ewing LLP; and Harvey, Pennington, Cabot, Griffith & Renneisen. He was also an associate with Jasinski & Paranac, and Goldfein & Joseph.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Wayne speaks on such topics as the interplay between the ADA and FMLA, addressing workplace harassment, FLSA compliance and internal investigations.
Honors and Awards
• Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
• Recipient of the Exemplary Pro Bono Services Award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (2009 and 2010)