Yesenia M. Gallegos
Los Angeles, CA
Yesenia focuses her practice in labor and employment matters, including advising clients in areas such as:
- Protecting trade secrets
- Wage and hour law
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Executive employment agreements
- Leaves of absence
- Employee terminations
- Reductions in force (WARN Act, Cal WARN Act)
She represents employers in employment litigation (including class actions) pending in state and federal court. She also represents employers in actions against former employees in trade-secret and embezzlement actions that require immediate restraining orders, injunctions and/or liens.
In addition, Yesenia conducts and oversees workplace investigations of harassment and discrimination, conducts wage & hour audits and provides organizations with training (in English or Spanish) in the following areas:
- Sexual harassment prevention
- Employment law for managers and supervisors
- Compliance with California wage and hour law
- The interplay between disability law, reasonable accommodations and leaves of absence
Yesenia’s recent representative matters include:
- Obtained judgment in favor of national retail corporation sued by former employee claiming disability discrimination, failure to engage in interactive process and failure to accommodate
- Obtained judgment in favor of a national corporation’s officer sued by former employees claiming officer was liable for the corporation’s alleged wage and hour and FEHA violations under the “alter-ego” theory
- Obtained judgment in favor of individual employees of a national corporation accused of racial harassment
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment in favor of a California-based private company against former employee-bookkeeper in embezzlement action
In 2013 Yesenia was selected by the Hispanic National Bar Association as "Top Lawyer Under 40." The award honors her professional excellence, integrity, leadership and commitment to the legal and Latino community.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Yesenia served as an associate in the Labor & Employment Departments of Gordon & Rees LLP and Silver & Freedman, APLC.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Yesenia was one of 50 Latina lawyers selected from across the country to participate in the 2010 Inaugural Class of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and the Hispanic National Bar Association’s (HBNA) Value-Based Training Program, which focuses on providing clients with competitive, value-added legal services. In 2013 Yesenia was named Regional President for Southern California for the HNBA.
While in law school, Yesenia was part of the international study program in Bali, Indonesia, where she took international and environmental law courses, and interned at the Nature Conservatory.
An active author and speaker, Yesenia served as associate literary editor and technical editor for the Maritime Law Journal from 2000-2002.
Yesenia served as the National Chair of the Women’s Leadership Conference, which was held in conjunction with the Hispanic National Bar Association’s Mid-Year Corporate Counsel Conference in New Jersey from March 28 to March 31, 2012.
Client Resourcese-BookDoing Business in California: A Guide for the Out-of-State Employer
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a "Top Lawyer Under 40" by the Hispanic National Bar Association (2013)
- Listed among Southern California Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Magazine (2013)
- CALI Award for Excellence in Employment Litigation (Fall 2002)