Ayn represents public and private companies in a broad range of transactions, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- public and private securities offerings
- joint ventures
- strategic investments
She also advises public company clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters. She assists early-stage companies, particularly medical device and other technology companies, with formation, equity capital raising, technology acquisition and clinical trials as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters.
Ayn has been a member of corporate practice teams on the following transactions:
- Data Sciences International, a developer of physiologic monitoring focused on delivering preclinical products, systems, services and solutions, in its acquisition by Harvard BioScience (NASDAQ: HBIO) for $70 million
- Vios Medical, a developer of chest sensors that can measure heart rate and respiratory rate and software and cloud services to monitor such data, in its acquisition by Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (TYO: 6981) for $102 million
- Rotation Medical, a developer of a novel tissue regeneration technology for shoulder rotator cuff repair, in its acquisition by Smith & Nephew (NYSE: SNN) for up to $210 million
- Torax Medical, the developer of the LINX Reflux Management System for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, in its acquisition by Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson company
- Caisson Interventional, the developer of an implantable device to replace the heart’s mitral valve, in its acquisition by LivaNova for $72 million
- ReShape Lifesciences (NASDAQ: RSLS), a developer of minimally invasive medical devices to treat obesity and metabolic diseases, in its acquisitions of BarioSurg and ReShape Medical
- MOCON (NASDAQ: MOCO), a developer of state-of-the-art test and measurement instruments and services, in its $182 million acquisition by AMETEK (NYSE: AME)
Before Fox Rothschild
During law school, Ayn served as a law clerk and legal extern at Regis Corporation. She also was a law clerk for two Minneapolis law firms, as well as a judicial extern to U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Keyes of the District of Minnesota. Additionally, she served as a staff member of the William Mitchell Law Review, a member of the Business Law Student Association and a volunteer for the Minnesota Justice Foundation.