Barb assists companies in securing and enforcing their trademark rights both in the United States and internationally. She regularly advises clients in copyright law and licensing and the related areas of advertising compliance, false advertising, unfair competition and rights of publicity and privacy.
Barb has extensive experience counseling clients in the areas of U.S. and international trademark clearance, registration and enforcement, brand development and management, trademark registration strategy, trademark and copyright infringement disputes, domain name issues, sweepstakes and contest rules and copyright registrations for software and databases. She has handled numerous trademark oppositions and cancellations before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Barb has particular experience with clients in the medical device, consumer goods, publishing, digital and information security and computer software fields.
- Responsible for thousands of U.S. and international trademark applications and registrations.
- Took over pending trademark applications and successfully overcame repeated refusals to register a client’s house mark.
- Assisted a major U.S. software company in successfully defending against trademark infringement claim in the Netherlands (on appeal).
- Assisted a major U.S. home goods client in successfully recovering infringing domain name and shutting down infringing online sales on multiple websites.
- Successfully pursued numerous online infringements of client’s certification mark.
- Negotiated and drafted license and co-existence agreements in connection with the proposed divestiture of a product line with a significant U.S. and international trademark portfolio.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Barb was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Honors & Awards
- Included in the list of “Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota” by Super Lawyers Magazine & Mpls/St. Paul Magazine (2014-2015)
- Included in the International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers (2013, 2015)
- Included in the list of “Women Leaders in the Law” by ALM and Fortune Magazine (2015)
- Included in the list of “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-2014)
- Included in the lists of “Top 40 in Intellectual Property Law” and “Top 100 Women Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Fellow of the American Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rated