Barbara is a seasoned attorney with far-reaching experience in international corporate finance and securities. Her practice includes litigation and corporate compliance, as well as mergers and acquisitions. She advises clients on cross-border transactions and a wide range of commercial and project-based financing including syndicated and bilateral credit facilities, and asset-based and other secured and unsecured debt transactions. Barbara also has extensive knowledge of public-private partnerships, and has been widely recognized for her work in international finance, including in Latin America.
Her clients include lenders, borrowers, project sponsors and institutional investors, and range from start-ups and small companies to members of the Fortune 500.
Barbara's practice focuses on:
- International banking
- Project finance
- Bank and broker-deal regulatory matters
- Complex legal drafting
- Fund formation
- Domestic and cross border joint ventures
- In-bound investments to the United States
- Corporate finance and securities
- Latin American capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Litigation management
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Barbara was a partner in the Miami office of a global law firm, where her practice focused on international and domestic corporate matters. She was previously a shareholder in the Miami office of an Am Law Global 100 firm, where she managed teams in Florida, Washington, Washington D.C. and Mexico City.
Barbara also served as counsel at a leading global law firm, as partner at a Florida-based firm, and as corporate counsel for a worldwide telecommunications company.
While working in New York City, Barbara was Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for Chase Manhattan Bank. In addition, she was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Barbara has served as Secretary of the Hispanic National Bar Foundation's Board of Directors since 2012. Barbara also co-founded SEED, a nonprofit foundation that supports international public school education in South Florida.
Honors & Awards
- Named among "Latin America's Top 100 Female Lawyers" by Latinvex (2014, 2016-2017)
- Named "Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate" by the Daily Business Review (2013)
- Named one of the leading Latin American Investment attorneys by Chambers USA (2009-2011)
- Named "Dealmaker of the Year - International Finance" by the Daily Business Review (2008)
- Named "Dealmaker of the Year - International Corporate" by the Daily Business Review (2007)
- SEACOM (East Africa Underwater Fiber Optic Cable) Transaction