Blair has significant experience representing companies and individuals in a variety of litigation and construction matters in both state and federal court. He frequently represents companies in commercial disputes and complex construction claims, as well as defending organizations against personal injury claims arising from construction site accidents, premises liability and product liability disputes.
Additionally, Blair defends organizations in consumer and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) liability claims.
- Represents contractors and subcontractors in construction defect claims on public and private projects.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of property owner in the owner’s affirmative breach of contract claim against a general contractor.
- Secured dismissal for a chemical manufacturer in a lawsuit involving allegations that the plaintiff developed cancer as a result of exposure to chemicals.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a furniture retailer in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract.
- Secured dismissal for a catering company in a lawsuit involving claims of negligent hiring/negligent entrustment.
- Secured dismissal for a ballast manufacturer in a subrogation action involving strict liability and negligence claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a utility company in a catastrophic electrocution case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national shopping center developer in a commercial lease dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national hospitality management company in a negligent hiring/negligent supervision claim.
- Drafted an appellate brief pursuant to which the appellate court upheld the jury’s favorable damage finding in a trucking accident case.
Before Fox Rothschild
A Dallas native, Blair was an associate at David & Goodman, P.C., prior to joining Fox Rothschild. Blair also previously worked for a Dallas-based law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters (2006-2013)