Brett serves as a trusted adviser to his clients on a variety of commercial and business litigation matters. In addition to handling all types of business litigation, he frequently represents his clients in multimillion-dollar cases related to shareholder disputes and construction and real estate litigation, including construction defects, violations of the Condominium Act and breaches of fiduciary duties by board members. Additionally, he represents architects and engineers in complex litigation matters and has handled various litigation matters involving intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights.
Brett also has experience representing condemnees during all aspects of eminent domain proceedings, commercial loan default litigation (including commercial foreclosures), securities litigation, defamation/invasion of privacy lawsuits against the media and all different types of commercial litigation.
Brett’s representations include:
The largest taxi operator in New York and Chicago in various courts and administrative proceedings
- The largest taxi company in Philadelphia in various matters before the Philadelphia Parking Authority and Pennsylvania Courts
- Various engineers and architects in litigation matters in various states
Various transportation providers in state/federal court and administrative proceedings
- A large Philadelphia real estate developer in a variety of construction/condominium matters
- A large accounting firm in both litigation and other types of disputes
- A mid-range consulting firm in all aspects of the law
- A corporate housing company in litigation and corporate matters
- A large costume jewelry company as outside general counsel
- Multiple groups of condominium owners in several multimillion-dollar suits against developers and design professionals involving construction defects
- Condemnees in obtaining multimillion-dollar verdicts
- Numerous banks in litigation involving multimillion-dollar loan defaults and commercial foreclosure actions
- Broker dealers in numerous securities litigations
- Various regional media outlets in defamation and invasion of privacy law suits
- Shareholders and senior management in litigation involving large corporations and closely held businesses
Brett holds an M.B.A. in addition to his law degree, giving him a deeper understanding and learned perspective on the ways in which his clients conduct business.
Before Fox Rothschild
A former legislative and government Fellow of the prestigious Eagleton Institute of Politics, Brett began his career at Fox as a summer associate in 2005 and clerked for the firm in 2006. In addition, Brett has held such positions as:
- A law clerk in the Subrogation and Recovery department of a large international law firm
- A fellow for a United States Senator and an intern for a United States Congressman
- A fellow in the New Jersey General Assembly Majority Office
- A judicial intern for the Honorable Alan M. Vogelson, Presiding Chancery Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, Camden County
Are We There Yet?
Even in the digital age, the smooth and efficient movement of people, raw materials and finished products is a critical component of the global economy. The companies that make this high-mobility world possible face significant economic, technological and regulatory pressures from a number of sources. This blog provides updates on the latest legal issues facing the transportation and logistics industry, including air, rail, trucking, intercity bus and shipping (both ocean and inland); public transit; stevedoring and marine terminal operations; and warehousing and distribution.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of Rising Stars by Benchmark Litigation (2016)
- Included in a list of Pennsylvania Rising Stars (2012, 2015-2016)
- Selected as one of "The 50 Young Faces of Philadelphia" (2010)
- Recipient of the "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Eagleton Institute of Politics Henry J. Raimondo Legislative Fellow, 2005-2006
- Eagleton Institute of Politics Harold & Reba Martin Government Fellow, 2004-2005