Brett represents public and private companies — from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 corporations — in a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, joint ventures and strategic investments. He also advises public company clients on securities law compliance, including periodic and annual reporting and corporate governance matters. In addition to his broad experience as a transactional lawyer, Brett regularly consults with clients on general corporate structure, contract, risk management and other general business law issues.
- Represented The Toro Company in its $227 million acquisition of the BOSS professional snow and ice management business.
- Represented IMI plc, a London Stock Exchange company, in the $1.1 billion sale of its beverage dispense and merchandising divisions to The Marmon Group, a Berkshire Hathaway company.
- Represented Imation in the sale of its Memorex and XtremeMac consumer electronics businesses.
- Represent Select Comfort Corporation and The Toro Company on securities and corporate governance matters.
- Advised on public securities offerings by Tornier N.V. ($210 million underwritten public offering), Kips Bay Medical, Inc. ($4 million underwritten public offering) and BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (several underwritten, registered direct and PIPE offerings).
- Advised on private company acquisitions, including several transactions by Honeywell, superDimension’s acquisition by Covidien and Lutonix’s acquisition by C.R. Bard.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Brett was a partner with Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.