Brian is a skilled, experienced real estate attorney who represents a broad range of commercial landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers and receivership companies.
His clients have included one of the nation’s largest banks; the owner/operator of a major suburban Philadelphia shopping mall, the receivership affiliate of a prominent national commercial real estate brokerage company and the owners of more than a dozen office properties in Center City Philadelphia, its surrounding suburbs and Wilmington, Delaware.
Brian serves his clients by:
- Drafting and negotiating leases, lease amendments and other lease-related documents including lease termination agreements, subleases and lease assignments.
- Reviewing, analyzing and drafting subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements.
- Reviewing and preparing letters of intent.
- Interacting closely with lenders, brokers and property managers.
- Resolving landlord-tenant disputes.
- Overseeing all aspects of court-appointed receivership.
Brian’s practice includes representing clients on both the landlord and tenant sides of the lease transaction and involves a wide variety of commercial properties in both urban and suburban settings, including office buildings, shopping centers and mixed-use properties.
His deep knowledge of the commercial real estate market and extensive contacts within the industry — including his work with many of the largest national commercial real estate brokerage firms operating in the Greater Philadelphia Area—make him a valued adviser on both business and legal issues.
Brian has represented:
The owner and manager of a 40-story Philadelphia office tower
- Drafted and negotiated complex, multifaceted long term lease with major regional bank for a 100,000 square foot corporate headquarters.
- Negotiated and drafted a variety of expansion, extension and termination options, building naming rights and extensive signage rights.
- Drafted and negotiated a 60,000-square foot lease for headquarters of major national discount retailer.
One of the nation’s largest banks
- Negotiated approximately 40,000-square foot lease of three floors in a Delaware office building.
- Negotiated and drafted numerous leases for office and retail space throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Completed multiple leases with major institutional landlords, including Brandywine Realty Trust, one of the largest full-service real estate companies in the U.S.
- Reviews, analyzes and negotiates letters of intent.
The receivership affiliate of a large commercial brokerage company
- Assists receiver in preparing and negotiating new leases and letters of intent.
- Files monthly reports on income and expenses as required by the court.
- Drafts and negotiates contracts between the receiver and real estate brokers engaged to lease space on behalf of the receiver.
Before Fox Rothschild
Brian’s experience includes service as:
- Associate General Counsel with Rubenstein Partners, a regional real estate company, where he was responsible for leasing, insurance matters and various other transactions.
- Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Philadelphia, where he worked in the real estate group and for Philadelphia International Airport. During his time with the City Law Department, Brian was instrumental in document preparation for the development of the Regional Performing Arts Center (Kimmel Center) and the US Airways maintenance hangar.
- Intern for Chief Justice Robert N.C. Nix Jr. of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania