Carl’s practice focuses in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the Superior Court of the State of Delaware and the Delaware Supreme Court. He represents local, regional and national clients in a variety of areas, including:
- High-stakes shareholder disputes
- Books and records demands
- Derivative actions
- Shareholder appraisal rights
- Electronically stored information and document retention matters
- Insurance litigation
- Matters involving fiduciary duties and corporate governance
- Summary proceedings under the Delaware General Corporation Law, including temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions
In addition to his corporate and commercial litigation background, Carl also regularly handles matters before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and has represented debtors, creditors, trustees and creditors’ committees and other parties-in-interest in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings, including preference and avoidance action litigation.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Carl served as a law clerk for the Honorable E. Norman Veasey, former Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court.