For more than 20 years, Catherine has focused her practice on debtor and creditor rights and the representation of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees in insolvency and bankruptcy matters. In 1999, the U.S. Department of Justice appointed her to the private panel of bankruptcy trustees, and she has served as a Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustee in more than 10,000 cases.
Catherine has represented lenders in and out of Bankruptcy Court in contested matters, commercial and residential foreclosure actions and in document reviews.
Catherine also has experience in civil and commercial litigation disputes as well as land use matters and has represented corporations, partnerships and individuals, trying numerous jury and non-jury cases to completion.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Catherine was a partner at Forman Holt Eliades & Youngman LLC. She was also previously a partner at a boutique law firm for more than 15 years.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Peer Review Rating
- Selected for inclusion in NJ Monthly’s New Jersey "Super Lawyers" (2010-2017)
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers (2008-2009)
- Best 50 Women in Business award from NJBiz.com (2012)
In her capacity as trustee, Catherine has overseen the liquidation of publicly traded companies and privately held companies in a variety of industries, including:
- New Century Transportation, Inc., Western Freightways, LLC, and Northwind Logistics, LLC – Appointed as Chapter 7 trustee for a national freight shipping and brokerage firm and its subsidiaries, for which more than $50 million in secured claims have been satisfied to date through the administration of the debtors’ assets and receivables. Catherine operated the debtor during the wind down bringing a fleet of more than 3000 tractor trailers in from the road in an organized fashion while overseeing 1500 employees.
- Basic Line, Inc. – Appointed as Chapter 11 trustee for a plastic injection molding company with $20 million in annual revenues. Operated the Debtor for more than six months during the orderly liquidation of all assets and paid all secured lenders in full with a distribution to unsecured creditors.
- Kingsley Towers, LLC – Appointed as operating trustee for a condominium apartment building in Fort Lee and satisfied more than $13.3 million in secured claims.
- Topps Meat Company, LLC – Appointed as trustee for one of the largest national suppliers of frozen hamburgers after the recall of its beef products due to contamination with Escherichia coli (E. coli).
- Headliners Entertainment Group Inc. – Appointed as Chapter 7 trustee for a publicly traded company owning and operating comedy clubs under the name “Rascals,” as well as dance clubs, entertainment complexes and a media library with original digital recordings of performances by comedians including Chris Rock, Jeff Foxworthy, Colin Quinn, Andrew Dice Clay, Wanda Sykes, Drew Carey, Tim Allen, Rosie O’Donnell, Darryl Hammond and Joy Behar, which all had to be liquidated.
- Morton and Carole Salkind – Appointed as trustee to recover more than $6 million in diverted assets.
- Pakam Oriental Rugs – Currently pursuing more than $6 million in diverted assets
- Individual Debtor – Appointed Chapter 7 trustee for an individual debtor who failed to disclose her ownership of jewelry valued at more than $350,000 and successfully obtained possession of the jewelry. In addition, the debtor was denied her discharge and remained fully responsible for her debts.