Christian represents clients in a range of corporate and gaming law matters. He has represented and advised various entities and individuals in gaming licensing, regulatory and compliance matters, including:
- International, national and regional casino companies and corporations,
- Slot machine, table game and other gaming equipment manufacturers and distributors,
- Private equity firms and other investors,
- Vendors and various technology providers and
- Internet gaming operators and service providers.
Christian has represented casino licensees before various domestic gaming regulatory agencies, including the New Jersey Casino Control Commission, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission and the New York State Gaming Facility Location Board.
- Drafted Amended Transactional Waiver Petition on behalf of Amaya Inc., resulting in the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement authorizing Amaya Inc. to operate the PokerStars and Full Tilt brands in New Jersey. The approval enabled the entry of the world’s largest poker business into the United States.
- Successfully represented Empire Resorts, Inc., Montreign Operating Company, LLC and related entities in submitting an application and response to the New York State Gaming Facility Location Board's Request for Applications to Develop and Operate a Gaming Facility in New York State, and presenting the project to the Board. Montreign was subsequently awarded one of the four available Gaming Facility licenses within New York State.
- Represented Amaya Inc. in its acquisition of the parent company of the Rational Group, the owner and operator of the PokerStars and Full Tilt poker brands, for $4.9 billion, including performing all regulatory gaming due diligence and authoring a white paper outlining internet gaming regulations in various foreign jurisdictions. The transaction made Amaya the world’s largest publicly held online poker company.
- Represented MGM Resorts International and related entities before the Massachusetts Gaming Commission in connection with MGM’s successful suitability hearing, allowing MGM to pursue the development of a casino resort in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Represented Hard Rock Atlantic City, LLC before the New Jersey Casino Control Commission in connection with the issuance of a Statement of Compliance to Hard Rock, i.e., a determination that Hard Rock is qualified under the New Jersey Casino Control Act and may pursue casino gaming opportunities within the State of New Jersey.
- Represented MGM Resorts International before the New Jersey Casino Control Commission in connection with MGM’s successful qualification hearing and reacquisition of its interest in the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa.
- Advised MGM Resorts International, Empire Resorts Inc. and other clients in regard to draft gaming regulations in new gaming jurisdictions within the United States, such as Massachusetts and New York, as well as foreign jurisdictions.
- Advised various institutional investors in regard to proposed investments in casino gaming entities and accompanying licensing obligations and/or waiver from those obligations.
- Advised MGM Resorts International in regard to MGM’s continuing gaming regulatory obligations in several regional United States jurisdictions, including Maryland, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- Represented GTECH USA, LLC and related entities in connection with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement’s approval of GTECH’s acquisition of International Game Technology and IGT for $6.4 billion.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Christian was an associate at a Philadelphia law firm where he represented corporations, businesses and individuals in complex litigation and commercial matters. While in law school, Christian was a member of the Temple Law Review. He also volunteered to assist in the representation of NFL athletes, entertainers and musicians in the Philadelphia region, and was a legal services coordinator for the Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (PVLA).
Prior to entering the legal field, he worked as a financial analyst for the Lockheed Martin Corporation. While pursuing undergraduate degrees in Finance and International Business, Christian studied abroad at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Dealmaker of the Year by Finance Monthly (2014)