Chris is an experienced litigation attorney who counsels individuals and businesses on a variety of matters, including:
- Commercial disputes
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of warranty claims
- Product liability litigation
- Professional liability litigation
- Trust and estate litigation
- Guardianship matters
Chris is also experienced in the areas of mass torts and insurance defense.
- Represented the owners of a business sold to a larger corporation against claims that certain warranty provisions in the asset purchase agreement were violated. The matter went to arbitration and ultimately resulted in a favorable settlement on behalf of the client.
- Represented beneficiaries of a life insurance trust in a federal court action against the institutional trustees who failed to appropriately monitor the trust, leading to a termination of the life insurance policy.
- Defended a urologist accused of negligence in the context of an implantation procedure, obtaining a defense verdict after a jury trial.
- Defended a property management company sued by residential tenants who sought damages for lead-paint-related injuries, obtaining summary judgment based on the Statute of Limitations.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Chris worked in Delaware as a litigator for a regional law firm. He was previously a judicial extern to the Honorable Charles H. Toliver IV of the Superior Court of Delaware, New Castle County, and, prior to law school, worked as a law clerk at a Philadelphia-based firm that primarily handled residential mortgage foreclosures.
While in law school, Chris served as the articles editor for the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.