Chris represents real estate owners, tenants and developers in connection with:
- Development, acquisition, leasing and sale of raw land, retail shopping centers, office buildings, multifamily apartments, medical office buildings, senior living and memory care facilities and other real property
- Reciprocal and easement agreements
- Entity formation and partnership matters
Chris also represents both borrowers and lenders in mortgage and construction loans.
Chris pairs his legal knowledge with hands-on, real-world business experience from his four years working with a leading commercial real estate firm in Texas on the development, asset management and leasing of retail shopping centers. Chris also has significant experience representing landlords and tenants in a variety of retail and office leasing matters and disputes.
- Multifamily real estate investment/management group: Represented a New York-based client (in a joint venture with Israel's national government pension fund and a large Israel-based insurance company) in a $90 million five-property multifamily acquisition in Houston, Texas, including assumption of nine Freddie Mac loans (first and second liens on four properties, and first lien on the fifth property).
- Multifamily real estate developer: Represented a Dallas-based multifamily real estate developer in a take-out/release of Phase 1 of a previously-acquired existing multifamily project in Dallas, Texas, in preparation for total demolition and redevelopment, including negotiation and closing of (a) $12 million bridge loan, (b) $38.5 million EB-5 mezzanine debt piece and (c) $65 million construction-to-permanent loan.
- International restaurant company: Represented a Dallas-based international restaurant company in disposition, subleasing and new leasing/restaurant locations for dozens of locations throughout the United States.
- Menswear: Represented a Dallas-based men’s custom and high-end ready-to-wear clothing retailer in leases for five locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia and Kentucky.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Chris served as the head of the Commercial Real Estate Transactions Practice at David & Goodman, P.C. He also previously worked at a Dallas-based national law firm, as well as one of the leading commercial real estate firms in Texas.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine (2011, 2014-2016)
- Selected for inclusion in “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters (2005)
- Selected for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40” by D Magazine (2002, 2004)