Chris is a member of the Litigation Department and focuses his practice on commercial and business-related litigation matters. Chris also advises clients on antitrust, white collar, securities and regulatory compliance issues and has handled civil and criminal matters in these areas. He has experience representing clients in complex cases at both the trial and appellate levels.
He represents corporate and individual clients in contract disputes, partnership disputes, breach of contract claims, employment disputes, claims of unfair and deceptive business practices, and government investigations. He is adept at understanding the nuances of business, partnership, and employment agreements and has experience in representing companies and individuals in these areas.
Chris has recently represented:
- A generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a grand jury investigation and related civil class action lawsuits regarding alleged price fixing and market allocation
- Independent board members of a public company in an internal investigation related to securities compliance and disclosure issues
- A securities broker in a fraud indictment
- A global petroleum company in a dispute with a former franchisee involving claims of breach of contract, lost profits and eviction
- Nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities in various state and federal lawsuits
- A global law firm in a legal malpractice action
- A prominent Philadelphia real estate developer in a partnership dispute
- A pharmaceutical manufacturing company in a dispute involving a former employee regarding various contract, employment and fiduciary duty claims
- A global law firm in a litigation dispute involving defamation and employment related claims
- A Philadelphia taxicab company in a litigation case regarding PPA Medallion transfers
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Chris was a litigation associate in the Philadelphia office of a global law firm, where he counseled clients in securities, white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions, and complex commercial litigation disputes. In addition, Chris co-chaired the firm’s Education Law pro bono practice group.
He previously represented:
- A New York real estate investor in connection with a complex civil litigation dispute concerning the control of a $1 billion nursing home company and related claims against the operating company’s owners and the investor’s former attorneys
- A hedge fund in an internal investigation in connection with the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission “expert networks” insider trading investigation
- Former officers and directors of a business credit card issuer in securities and ERISA class actions
- A senior investment banking executive in SEC and New York State Attorney General investigations into auction rate securities
- Individual directors accused of fraud in a derivative action in the Isle of Jersey
Chris also handled a variety of pro bono matters at his former firm, representing clients in federal civil rights, habeas corpus, eviction, and First Amendment litigation.
As a staff attorney for the Education Law Center, Chris represented students and handled education law matters. He is also a former assistant to professors at both The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Chris previously worked as a summer analyst for the private wealth management arm of Morgan Stanley, where he assisted in managing high net worth client portfolios.
While at University of Pennsylvania Law School, Chris obtained a Wharton Certificate in Business and Public Policy. As an undergraduate, he traveled to the United Kingdom to study at Oxford University’s St. Catherine’s College.
Securities Compliance Sentinel Blog
The highly regulated securities and financial industry has a host of complex problems—and financial institutions often find themselves on the receiving end of audits, investigations and other compliance issues. Amit shares his knowledge and experience to address cutting edge issues in the firm’s Securities Compliance Sentinel Blog. Join this team of bloggers in their exploration of this increasingly complex area.