As a member of the firm's Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy and Litigation Departments, Dana's practice focuses on all facets of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy matters as well as commercial and business-related litigation, with a particular emphasis on bankruptcy litigation.
Dana has experience representing bankruptcy trustees, creditors, secured lenders, and debtors in various bankruptcy matters, including Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases as well as asset sales, litigation against former directors and officers, avoidance actions, plan negotiations and claims objections. Dana also represents creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 matters across the country, including Chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations in a variety of industries.
Dana’s practice also includes commercial and business-related litigation. She represents clients in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration forums, on matters that encompass all aspects of contractual and complex business disputes. Dana’s litigation practice straddles a wide variety of industries, and she has experience advising individuals as well as financial services, software, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, fashion, retail and publishing companies, among an assortment of others. In addition, Dana serves on the associate steering committee for Fox’s Women’s Initiative.
- CVS v. OraPharma. AAA Arbitration. Defense of claims arising out of a supply agreement. (AAA 2015 – pending).
- Novozymes v. Human Genome Sciences and GlaxoSmithKline. Successful defense of claims for breach of contract under pharmaceutical license agreement resulting in $110M of cost savings. (ICDR 2013-2014).
- Representation of Chapter 7 Trustee in multiple trials securing judgments requiring the turnover of approximately $10 million in property, including as second chair.
- Participated in the representation of creditors’ committees in several of the most prominent retail and other Chapter 11 cases across the country, including Alexander Gallo Holdings, Big M (d/b/a Mandee, Annie Sez and Afaze), Ritz Camera & Image, The Sharper Image, United Retail Group (d/b/a Avenue) and Vertis Holdings, among others.
- Successfully argued for structured dismissal of The Sharper Image Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Successful representation of Chapter 7 trustee in breach of fiduciary duty, preference and other claims against directors and officers and private equity owner.
- Representation of a large publishing company in a stock/corporate governance dispute.
- Serve as general outside counsel to several startups in the fashion, apparel, retail, software and tech industries, among others.
Before Fox Rothschild
Dana also spent time practicing in the New York office of Cooley LLP, where she handled a variety of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy matters, including several representations of creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations.
A former summer associate with the firm, Dana was also a legal intern for former Governor Edward Rendell's General Counsel at the Pennsylvania Department of Health. In law school, Dana participated in the Georgetown International Women's Human Rights clinic.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dana serves as Content Editor for the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Bankruptcy Committee.