Daniel is an experienced commercial real estate attorney with a broad transactional and land development background that includes:
- representing large and middle market companies in the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial properties;
- advising developers and leveraged lenders on tax credit financing and public assistance grants including New Market Tax Credits, Urban Transit Hub Tax Credits and New Jersey Economic Redevelopment Growth Grants;
- representing borrowers, banks, private lenders and financial institutions in negotiating, documenting and closing traditional and securitized loans;
- presenting site plan, subdivision and use variance applications;
- reviewing, negotiating and drafting retail and office leases along with ancillary documents such as assignments, estoppels and subordination and non-disturbance agreements; and
- litigating prerogative writ matters involving redevelopment, zoning and affordable housing.
Daniel’s recent representative transactions include:
- the representation of a Pennsylvania-based hospital in a New Markets Tax Credit transaction which resulted in approximately $2.5 million dollars in additional project capital for a $27 million dollar pediatric center in West Philadelphia;
- the representation of a regional hospital on a $50 million dollar redevelopment project in Camden, New Jersey involving New Jersey Urban Transit Hub Tax Credit and New Markets Tax Credit financing;
- the representation of a national commercial real estate investment company in a joint venture with a foreign-based investment company for the acquisition and financing of a $9 million dollar 59,000 square foot shopping center in York, South Carolina;
- the representation of a national commercial real estate investment company in the $8.5 refinancing of 180,000 square foot shopping center in Charlotte, North Carolina;
- the representation of telecommunications company in the $3.5 million dollar acquisition of 19 cell tower sites in five separate states;
- the representation of an investor in the buyout of a partnership interest in an entity and the entity’s refinance of a company holding a New Jersey automobile racetrack; and
- the representation of a sink fixture company in the acquisition and financing of the company $2.5 million dollar headquarters.
Daniel also has experience in advising start up companies with regard to selecting the appropriate entity structure and raising capital.
Daniel’s articles on tax credit financing and economic incentive programs have been featured in publications such as the New Jersey Law Journal and New Jersey Commerce Magazine.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Daniel was an associate with Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney P.C. in its Real Estate practice. He is a former law clerk to the Honorable Edwin H. Stern, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, as well as the Honorable Donald S. Goldman, Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division. While in law school, Daniel was the Associate Editor of Articles for the Villanova Environmental Law Journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Daniel recently served as the Chairman of the Montgomery Township Economic Development Commission, a municipal advisory board that helps to create and implement fair and business friendly policies in Montgomery Township, and currently acts as an advisor to the Montgomery Township Planning Board. Daniel also served as Co-Chair of Growth Programs for PAFCOM, Inc., a Filipino community group based out of Jersey City, New Jersey. Daniel is an active member of the Urban Land Institute and ICSC and has previously been a member of the Mercer County Chamber of Commerce Young Business Leaders Council and the Christian Brothers Academy Alumni Association.
Honors & Awards
- Villanova Achievement Scholarship
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Future Leaders Program