David focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation matters involving banking, title insurance, real estate and construction litigation. He also has experience in franchise litigation, securities disputes, physician group dissolutions and other business disputes.
David regularly handles litigation matters for:
- Title insurance companies and their insureds
- Merchant services providers
- Building contractors
Among the matters David has handled, he has:
- On behalf of a national bank, obtained a foreclosure judgment after trial and prevailed on appeal on the issue of whether additional documentary stamp taxes were owed as a result of negative amortization (Steinberg v. Wells Fargo Bank N.A., 178 So.3d 473).
- On behalf of a title insurance carrier, successfully represented the purchaser of commercial real property in an action where the seller sought to have the transaction set aside, claiming that the officer who executed the sale contract and the deed on behalf of the corporation did not have authority to do so (Affirmed on appeal: Broche v. Cohn, 987 So.2d 124).
- On behalf of a title insurance carrier, obtained a favorable ruling for the purchasers of residential real property and their lender in an action by a prior owner of the property, who obtained title through a prior foreclosure action, seeking to set aside a subsequent foreclosure judgment, judicial sale and sale to the ultimate purchasers.
- On behalf of a construction materials supplier, obtained a judgment after trial for the full amount owed by a shell contractor for the rental of shoring equipment.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, David was a partner at Ruden McClosky.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An active member of his community, David currently serves as Vice Chair-Programs for the Federal Bar Association’s Corporate and Associations Counsel Division and as a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee and Lawyers for Literacy Committee. He has previously served as President of Leadership Palm Beach County, President of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach County and as a member of the Boards of Directors of Temple B’nai Jacob of Wellington, the Sunshine Council of Campfire Boys and Girls, the Heart of Florida Legal Aid Society, and the Boca Raton Sunrise and the Citrus Center Kiwanis Clubs. Additionally, he participated in the Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court LIV (2009-2010) and served as the Chair of the Corporate Law & Counsel Committee and as a member of the Judicial Relations Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
While in law school, David served as the managing editor and the articles editor for the Fordham Environmental Law Journal.
South Florida Trial Blog
To successfully navigate South Florida’s court system, it’s key to have a trusted team of experienced trial litigators to help you tackle complex legal issues throughout the region. Attorneys in our West Palm Beach office possess extensive knowledge of the commercial litigation, corporate bankruptcy and other issues that wind their way through the courts in South Florida. Their blog provides informed analysis and insight into cases, decisions, rules and other matters that could impact your company's claims and defenses in civil courts, bankruptcy courts and other forums.
Consumer Finance Law Ledger Blog
The consumer financial services industry continues to evolve almost daily. Consumer Finance Law Ledger monitors developments at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, as well as trends, court decisions and enforcement actions. This blog covers consumer lending, collections, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and loan servicing and origination.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" rated
- Selected as a "Top Lawyer" by South Florida Legal Guide (2013-2017)
- Named a Top Up & Comer by the South Florida Legal Guide (2012)
- Selected as a "Florida Rising Star" by Law & Politics Magazine (2010)