Dave represents financial institutions, insurance companies, real property owners, developers, landlords, equipment lessors and other corporate entities in asset-based lending, bankruptcy, property tax appeals, workouts, loan restructurings and real estate foreclosure and receiverships.
He has handled numerous asset-based financing matters for both large and mid-sized banks and workouts of numerous revolving credit facilities for major financial institutions and borrowers. In addition, he regularly represents secured creditors and committees in bankruptcy court on a nationwide basis and advises commercial real estate clients in managing property tax appeals.
- Represented a bridge lender in an $18 million state and federal historic tax credit loan.
- Represented a major financial institution’s revolving, term and capex loan to finance the $14 million acquisition of manufacturing division for a private equity company.
- Represented a public company in the real estate workout of its loan secured by major industrial property.
- Represented GE Capital in the foreclosure of numerous properties in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Represented a significant Midwest residential homebuilder in a $125 million refinance.
- Represent property owners in appeals of property taxes for hundreds of industrial and commercial properties.
- Represented Standard Insurance Company in the foreclosure and workout of real estate in Minnesota.
- Represented the lead lender in a construction loan for the development of multifamily properties in North Dakota.
- Served as co-counsel to the successful buyer in the acquisition of a rental car company in bankruptcy.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Dave was a partner with Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dave is a former chair of the Volunteer Lawyers Network.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of “Up and Coming Attorneys” by Minnesota Lawyer
- Included in a list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2005, 2007-2011)