David is a trial attorney who represents businesses in complex litigation, including health care and intellectual property disputes, mass torts and class actions. He has built a national practice in disaster litigation involving toxic spills, train derailments and other mass torts. In addition, he defends payors, third-party administrators and providers in complex health care matters.
- Bicoastal Corp. v. Semi-Tech — $94 million recovery in complex international IP litigation for former Singer Company.
- Alberton, Montana Chlorine Spill Litigation — “No negligence” verdict for defense relating to second largest chlorine spill in U.S. history.
- Ovations v. Advance PCS — Obtained federal preliminary injunction against TPA.
- Part D Litigation — Successful use of preemption to dismiss Part D enrollment lawsuit against payor.
- Perryville, Illinois Ethanol Spill Litigation — Successfully defended the railroad in one of the most prominent ethanol train derailments, securing a favorable result in a five-week jury trial in Cook County, IL.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, David was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
While in law school, he was a member of the Order of the Coif.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of Best Lawyers in America (2017)
- Included in a list of “Lawyers of the Year” for Minneapolis Railroad Law by Best Lawyers (2014-2015)
- Included in a list of “Attorneys of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer (2012)
- Included in a list of Top Ten Trial Lawyers by the National Law Journal (2002)
- Included in a list of Top 20 Defense Verdicts by the National Law Journal (2001)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2005-2016)