David is an experienced intellectual property attorney who provides strategic counsel to clients on trademark and design matters across a wide range of industries, including fashion, cosmetics, entertainment, beverage and pharmaceutical. He handles risk evaluation for trademark use and registration, prosecution, policing, enforcement and worldwide portfolio management, as well as disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and other tribunals. Additionally, David resolves intellectual property disputes in federal court and before the International Trade Commission. He is also a registered patent attorney, assisting clients with the procurement and enforcement of patent rights.
David's practice is also transactional in nature. He negotiates and drafts various intellectual property agreements, including licenses and co-existence agreements, as well as conducts due diligence on IP portfolios in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
*Not admitted to practice in Florida
- Represented an internationally famous automobile brand in its trademark enforcement strategy in the United States.
- Managed an international policing program for a client's well-known clothing brand, including advice on initiating opposition and cancellation actions.
- Handled extensive trademark clearance and prosecution for the infant care division of a large multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Managed design patent portfolios involving footwear and wristwatches.
- Guided companies in the area of intellectual property in mergers and acquisitions and the purchase of intellectual property portfolios.
- Protected the intellectual property interests of a world-renowned music group through policing and enforcement strategies.
- Drafted and successfully prosecuted numerous utility patent applications in the mechanical and electromechanical arts and wrote legal opinions on the validity and possible infringement of patents in these fields.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, David was a partner in the New York office of a national law firm. He spent more than 15 years working in various firms in New York as an intellectual property lawyer.
While in law school, David was a member of the Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Active in several intellectual property organizations, David is a member of the Trademark Office Practices Committee of the International Trademark Association, having recently finished a four-year term on the Non-Traditional Marks committee, and was most recently a member of the Designs Team of MARQUES, a European-based IP organization.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a Leading Trademark Professional by WTR 1000 (2015-2017)
- Named one of New York Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" (2013)