An experienced real estate attorney, David has practiced at some of Chicago’s largest commercial real estate law firms and served as in-house associate general counsel for a Chicago-based commercial real estate company.
He regularly represents clients, including the largest retailer as well as the largest homebuilder in the United States, in commercial real estate, zoning and land use matters. David handles a variety of commercial real estate and development transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, financings, the structuring of real estate joint ventures and office leasing.
David has experience representing both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters. He also represents lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions.
- Represent sellers and purchasers in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate assets, including shopping centers, in-line retail and outparcel developments, single-tenant net leased properties, office buildings, industrial buildings, multi-family and mixed-use projects and acquisitions of REO properties and other investment properties.
- Represent landlords and tenants in the commercial leasing of retail, office, industrial and mixed-use properties.
- Represent developers in zoning and land use matters.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in negotiation and drafting of loan documents pertinent to commercial loan transactions, including acquisitions, construction, bridge and permanent financing and other secured lending as well as note purchase transactions, workouts and restructurings of troubled loans.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, David was a partner at Nixon Peabody and at Ungaretti & Harris, where he served as co-chair of the Real Estate Capital Markets Practice. He was also previously associate general counsel for a Chicago-based commercial real estate company.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in SuperLawyers “Rising Stars” for real estate (2008-2010, 2012-2014)