With a focus on providing creative and strategic solutions to protect and maximize his clients’ intellectual property rights, Dennis represents and advises clients on trademark, advertising and brand protection, among other matters. He adeptly guides clients through litigation in federal and state courts and in administrative proceedings, such as before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings.
Dennis offers his clients practical and effective advice on all aspects of brand protection and enforcement, including tactics to help avoid infringement and litigation. He also drafts and negotiates numerous agreements for clients related to the commercial exploitation of their intellectual property rights.
An experienced litigator, Dennis also represents corporations and individuals in complex business disputes ranging from construction defects to fraud and shareholder disputes.
- Represented an outdoor equipment company in bringing trademark infringement and counterfeiting claims against a retailer purchasing counterfeit goods from Chinese manufacturers.
- Represented a corporation in a false advertising proceeding against a competitor before the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus and the Advertising Self-Regulatory Council.
- Represented a corporation in a multimillion-dollar litigation and trial stemming from claims of fraud and breach of earn-out provisions in a merger agreement.
- Represented a concrete manufacturer in several construction defect lawsuits, obtaining dismissal or favorable settlements in each instance.
- Represented a health insurer in several federal and state lawsuits, as well as in arbitration proceedings, regarding contractual provider/subscriber disputes.
- Represented a corporation in litigation against a competitor and former employees to recover damages from corporate raiding, trade secret misappropriation and tortious interference.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Dennis was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Dennis graduated law school with distinction and as a member of the Order of the Coif.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Dennis sits on the board of directors of The Advertising Federation of Minnesota and serves as secretary and a member of the executive committee.
Above the Fold
The increasingly scrutinized area of advertising and marketing has a wealth of legal hurdles. When creating content, advertising professionals and companies often find themselves in hot water with various regulatory agencies, such as the Federal Trade Commission. Dennis addresses these emerging trends and issues in the firm’s Above the Fold blog.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2015)