Ed is one of the most senior health care and corporate attorneys in Western and Central Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, and West Virginia. His practice focuses on:
- employee benefits
- business succession
- estate planning
Ed’s experience also includes:
- representing professional service organizations since before their acceptance by the Internal Revenue Service
- business and tax aspects of establishing medical practices and joint ventures
- representing physicians
- representing the Allegheny County Medical Society
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ed is a frequent author and lecturer on mergers, tax, medical reimbursement issues, employee benefits, estate and succession planning and other subjects affecting business and professionals.
Ed has been a board member of KidsVoice, a program that provides legal aid for abused and neglected children, for 10 years and currently serves as President. He is active in fund-raising for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and numerous other causes. Ed was a founder and board member of the Cancer Caring Network and Cancer Support Network and a founder and longtime counsel for Orchard Hill Church in Franklin Park, PA.
Ed is the sponsor of the Pennsylvania State University Kabala Family Rugby Hall (opened in 2008), and in 1988 was the first recipient of the PSU Rugby Club Outstanding alumni award. In 2002, Ed was featured in the cable series "Summerall Success Stories."
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Named "Pittsburgh Health Care Law Lawyer of the Year," by Best Lawyers (2013)
- Jane F. Hepting Pro Bono Award, Allegheny County Bar Foundation, 2005
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" in the area of Health Care Law (1995-2017)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (1991-2016)
- Named among the "Top 50 Pittsburgh Lawyers" by Law & Politics Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine (2006 and 2007)
- Recipient, Cancer Support Network Crystal Award for Community Service (1993)
- Recipient, Muscular Dystrophy Association Millennium Diamond Award for service and organizational support (2001)