Eleanor has created a well-respected corporate practice, representing clients in the Bucks County and Philadelphia region of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey as well as nationally in a broad range of matters with an emphasis on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital and angel financing
- Insurance and insurance regulator matters
- Entity formation
- Corporate finance
- Securities and private placements
Eleanor is a Certified Franchise Executive, a designation received from the Institute of Certified Franchise Executives, an academic branch of the International Franchise Association’s Educational Foundation. As an experienced franchise attorney, Eleanor works with start-up and established franchise clients in the structuring of franchise programs, drafting of franchise disclosure documents, franchise agreements, and related contracts and counseling clients on regulatory compliance matters including obtaining and renewing state franchise registrations. She also handles matters related to master franchising, multi-unit licensing and area-development business arrangements. Eleanor also represents franchisors and franchisees in connection with the acquisitions and sales of franchise businesses.
Eleanor also works with entrepreneurs and start-up companies as well as established and emerging growth companies in the particular requirements, challenges and opportunities of their businesses. She has experience drafting operating and shareholders' agreements, non-competition agreements, private offering documents, supply and vendor agreements, commercial agreements and asset and stock purchase agreements. In addition, clients rely on Eleanor’s counsel in insurance regulatory and compliance matters.
- Represented an established appraisal car service company in its national franchise system 50 state launch as well as its annual franchise renewal registrations and updates.
- Represented a large and established Asian bakery and sandwich chain in its expansion into franchising in the United States.
- Represented a publicly-traded BBQ wing restaurant service franchisor in the rapid expansion and re-structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represented a start-up home organizational and de-cluttering franchisor in the structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represent a southern barbeque-themed restaurant service franchisor with over 2 dozen locations across the United States in its conversion from a licensing to franchising structure.
- Represented a well-respected caterer in the structuring of a licensing program for online party and event planning and secured an Exemption by Order from Maryland’s Franchise Law for the client offering fractional franchises.
- Represented a licensor of cupcake stores in its business arrangements with bakery licensees located in 3 major cities.
- Represented a provider of youth amateur sports leagues and camps in the organization of its franchise system and preparation of its franchise disclosure documents and agreements.
- Represented a start-up California based franchisor offering medical service franchises in the structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represented a start-up maid and cleaning service franchise concept in the structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represented an established printing and publishing company in strategizing and structuring its franchise system utilizing the fractional franchise exemption.
- Represented a New York City high end restaurateur in utilizing state and federal franchise exemptions from registration and disclosure.
- Represented an established East Coast jeweler in utilizing the fractional franchise exemption to expand locations.
- Represented a holding company of food service franchises in the sale of 12 of its store locations in two separate transactions.
- Represented a successful Washington DC area developer of a popular sub sandwich concept in various franchise regulatory and contractual matters.
General Corporate Matters
- Represented a Pennsylvania based glass manufacturing company in the sale of its bullet-proof glass division in a $37 million cash sale.
- Represented an international parts cleaning business in the $4 million acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented a borrower in a $23 million acquisition financing.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange company in a number of acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented the buyer in a $2.5 million stock purchase of a marketing and direct sales advertising company in the Philadelphia region.
- Represented a local municipality in the sale of its water system in a $4 million transaction.
- Counsel and advise a UK based pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of its supply and vendor agreements in the United States.
- Counsel and advise a manufacturer of flame retardant products in the negotiation of its vendor terms and conditions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eleanor has held externships at the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission under the Assistant Chief Counsel investigating employment discrimination claims, as well as at the District Attorney's office of Allegheny County (General Trial Unit). Eleanor also worked as a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant for Duquesne University School of Law, and served as president of the Women's Law Association.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eleanor currently serves on the Budget Committee, Technology Committee and Executive Board of the Young Lawyers’ Division of the Bucks County Bar Association and is a former Director of the Bucks County Bar Association and Chair of its Young Lawyers Division. Eleanor also donates her time in a wide range of pro-bono matters. She represents local non-profits in business and corporate matters, volunteers free basic estate planning documents to first responders (including police, firefighters and paramedics) in the Wills For Heroes program and recently argued successfully before the New Jersey State Parole Board for the prison release of an indigent client on a parole violation.
Eleanor is among the contributors to the firm's Franchise Law Update blog, which focuses on regulatory aspects of franchising as well as diverse topics such as business finance, employment, litigation and the protection of intellectual property including trademarks and copyrights.
Honors & Awards
- Selected as a “Legal Eagle” by the Franchise Times (2016)