Start-Up and Emerging Growth
- Represented an established appraisal car service company in its national franchise system 50 state launch as well as its annual franchise renewal registrations and updates.
- Represented numerous start-up and emerging growth franchise systems in the launch and/or development of their franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents, including: an East Coast based sweet ice cream concept, a New York based eco-friendly junk removal service concept, a Texas based pilates based fitness concept, a Pennsylvania based online journal concept, a Northeast based home organizational and de-cluttering concept, a start-up maid and cleaning service franchise concept and a Florida based dryer vent cleaning service franchise concept.
- Represent a southern barbeque-themed restaurant service franchisor with over 2 dozen locations across the United States in its conversion from a licensing to franchising structure.
- Represented a provider of youth amateur sports leagues and camps in the organization of its franchise system and preparation of its franchise disclosure documents and agreements.
- Represented a start-up California based franchisor offering medical service franchises in the structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represented a France based fine candy franchise concept expanding into the United States including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement.
- Represented a large and established Asian bakery and sandwich chain in its expansion into franchising in the United States.
- Represented an area representative of a Brazilian healthy food concept in the drafting and negotiation of its Representative and Development Agreement in the United States.
- Represented a Korean specialty ice cream chain in its expansion into franchising in the United States including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement and franchise state legal compliance issues.
- Represented an established Puerto Rican based healthy fast casual food concept expanding into the United States including the drafting of the franchise disclosure document, franchise agreement and area development agreement.
- Represented a tea and beverage licensor in its international expansion through licensing arrangements.
- Represented an east coast fast casual concept on the drafting of terms for granting master franchise rights of large fast casual concept in India.
Additional Representative Franchise and Licensing Matters
- Represented a well-respected caterer in the structuring of a licensing program for online party and event planning and secured state franchise exemptions for the client offering fractional franchises.
- Represented a publicly-traded BBQ wing restaurant service franchisor in the rapid expansion and re-structuring of its franchise programs and drafting of franchise related documents.
- Represented a licensor of cupcake stores in its business arrangements with bakery licensees located in 3 major cities.
- Represented an established printing and publishing company in strategizing and structuring its franchise system utilizing the fractional franchise exemption.
- Represented a New York City high end restaurateur in utilizing state and federal franchise exemptions from registration and disclosure.
- Represented an established East Coast jeweler in utilizing the fractional franchise exemption to expand locations.
- Represented a holding company of food service franchises in the sale of 12 of its store locations in two separate transactions.
- Represented an east coast regional franchisor in the sale of two of its company owned locations.
- Represented an area developer in the sale of 4 of its Florida food service units.
- Represented a successful Washington DC area developer of a popular sub sandwich concept in various franchise regulatory and contractual matters.