Insurance Coverage Counseling Matters
- Represented a national childcare franchise system in conducting a comprehensive insurance coverage audit for franchise system and franchisees as well as continuous advising regarding cyber coverage issues and related insurance matters.
- Represented a national foodservice wholesaler and distributor in providing a comprehensive analysis of proposed cyber/data security insurance policy including gaps and potential underinsured or uninsured risks and responses.
- Conducted insurance coverage analyses identifying underinsured risks and gaps and recommending forms of coverage for both national and international business clients in a wide range of industries including:
- a global transportation and supply company;
- a home furnishing manufacturer and retailer;
- a regional airport and aviation business;
- a technology consulting company; and
- a housing partnership.
- Represented a regional supermarket chain in completing a coverage analysis including review and comparison of past and proposed new policies, client loss history and business historical performance to make recommendations for reducing premium costs.
- Represented major metropolitan city in evaluating whether policies maintained by bankrupt property owners may provide coverage for claims asserted by the city against the insured property owner.
- Represented a national labor union with over 100,000 members in analyzing whether language in union insurance policies provide coverage for certain HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) claims.
- Represented a California based manufacturing company in determining potential coverage for substantial environmental clean-up claims under existing policies.
Insurance Regulatory Matters
- Represented a UAE based insurance carrier in the creation, organization and state licensing of its United States based insurance broker agency.
- Represented a large Texas dental care provider on insurance matters related to customer discount plans and the drafting of discount plan and agreements with sales representatives.
- Frequently counsel business clients on whether certain business practices may constitute the unauthorized practice of insurance.
- Represent numerous clients in responding to alleged violations of state insurance laws and audits by state insurance commissioners and agencies.
- Represented client on the formation, structuring and licensing of a risk purchasing group.
- Counseled client in the formation and licensing of both onshore and offshore insurance captives.
Corporate Insurance Matters
- Represented an international claims adjustment company on the negotiation of several acquisitions of competitor insurance broker businesses.
- Represented an established New Jersey based insurance agency in a $4 million cash and earn-out asset purchase.
- Represented a major film studio in analyzing its insurance coverage construct arguments for responding to insurance carrier’s denial of losses resulting from actor’s on-set injury.
- Represented a medical practice in reviewing and analyzing its insurance coverage issues on behalf of the Board of Directors related to a claim by owner physician against the practice.
- Negotiate Network Carrier Agreements on behalf of major insurance underwriter.
- Drafted and negotiate insurance agency appointment agreements for numerous insurance agency and brokerage clients.
- Represented major insurance carrier in drafting of reservation of rights letters and responding to insured’s appeal to denial of claims.