Elizabeth represents clients in all stages of litigation, from pre-suit advice through trial and appeal. She devotes a large portion of her practice to intellectual property and brand protection litigation, including trademark, patent and copyright infringement; false advertising; and trade secret misappropriation.
Elizabeth also represents employers in litigation matters before administrative agencies and in state and federal courts. She is experienced in cases involving allegations of discrimination and retaliation, noncompete issues and breach of the duty of loyalty and other employment-related claims. In addition, she has represented clients in a variety of other commercial, financial and health care litigation disputes.
- Member of the brand protection team that obtained preliminary injunctive relief against a client’s major retail competitor engaging in false advertising.
- Member of the brand protection team that obtained dismissal of a claim that client’s trademark was generic and obtained jury verdict on various false advertising statements made by competitor.
- Member of the brand protection team that secured favorable settlement agreements and conducted successful cease and desist campaigns against a client’s competitors engaging in trademark infringement, false advertising and brand disparagement.
- Obtained full summary judgment ruling, affirmed by the Minnesota Court of Appeals, for a technology company against a former employee asserting claims of breach of contract, defamation and tortious interference.
- Obtained a full summary judgment ruling for a medical device company against a former employee alleging disability discrimination.
- Obtained a full summary judgment ruling for a senior living facility against a former employee alleging disability discrimination and FMLA interference and retaliation.
- Obtained dismissal of multiple charges of discrimination filed with the EEOC and state agencies on behalf of various employers.
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award and negotiated positive settlement agreements for a large health care company in cases involving Medicare/Medicaid overpayments.
- Successfully filed eviction actions and enforced judgments for various business clients.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Elizabeth was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. Elizabeth was a member of the Trial Advocacy Team and the Trial Advocacy Board at the University of Iowa College of Law. She was also a member of the Iowa Student Bar Association.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Elizabeth serves as a housing court volunteer for the Volunteer Lawyers Network, which provides pro bono civil legal services to low-income individuals.
Above the Fold
The increasingly scrutinized area of advertising and marketing has a wealth of legal hurdles. When creating content, advertising professionals and companies often find themselves in hot water with various regulatory agencies, such as the Federal Trade Commission. Elizabeth addresses these emerging trends and issues in the firm’s Above the Fold blog.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Rising Star" in the Minnesota Women’s Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine (2016-2018)
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2015-2017)