Elizabeth’s practice encompasses all aspects of commercial and business-related litigation. She advises a wide range of clients, from individuals to companies in the advertising, telecommunications and insurance industries, among others. She has significant trial experience at both the state and federal level in New York, as well as a number of other jurisdictions.
In addition, Elizabeth has significant experience handling bankruptcy litigation matters, including the representation of trustees in trial and evidentiary hearings.
- Served as trial counsel for the Chapter 7 trustee in longstanding Chapter 7/Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee of a debtor company that commenced an antitrust action against a leading diamond exploration, mining, retail, trading and manufacturing company. Successfully obtained reversal from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, which also remanded a portion of an order in the client’s favor.
- Represented an insurance company in New York state court against a municipality alleging breach of contract regarding certain bonds purchased by the company.
- Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of a company specializing in nutritional information against an officer who was improperly usurping business opportunities and goodwill and interfering with the company’s relationship with a large supermarket chain.
- Served as second chair in an American Arbitration Association (AAA) arbitration matter on behalf of a European bank in an employee severance dispute.
- Settled a dispute on behalf of an advertising agency regarding fees for services rendered in connection with a magazine design proposal.
- Negotiated a severance agreement on behalf of an executive terminated by a large a commercial bank and financial services company.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm as a summer associate, Elizabeth interned in the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts, in the Drug Task Force Unit.
While at Boston College Law School, Elizabeth was named one of the top ten oralists in Moot Court. She was also a member of her law school's team that won a national Moot Court competition on criminal procedure.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in the New York Women’s Edition (2016-2017)
- Named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2013)
- Named in Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2015-2017)
- Named to Super Lawyers’ “Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area” (2013)