Energy & Natural Resources
- Represented Aquam (Nu Flow), a world-leading clean-tech firm, in the acquisition of the outstanding stock of JD7, a closed loop pipeline diagnostic technology company. The acquisition positions Aquam as a world leader in small diameter water and gas pipe network assessment and inspection solutions.
- Represented CECO Environmental Corp. (NasdaqGM: CECE) and its indirect subsidiary, Pristine Water Solutions Inc., in selling substantially all of Pristine’s assets to the Carus Corporation for $2.6 million.
- Represented an early stage natural resource company in a $75 million private equity investment.
- Served as company counsel on a $4 million equity raise from an Ohio-based group of investors on behalf of a maker of energy harvesting microcircuits.
- Represented a publicly traded utility in a series of successful acquisitions of corporations and utilities, with transaction values ranging from $13 million to $178 million.
- Helped sell a Superfund site in a high-end commercial district.
- Negotiated design and construction documents for a solid waste disposal facility, a steam-to-energy plant for the City of Philadelphia and the financing of a trash-to-steam plant for Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a client with respect to issues involving municipal law in connection with the leasing and financing of a waste-to-energy facility at a Philadelphia Water Department Water Pollution Control Plant.
- Served as local counsel to a client in the business of developing smart microgrid projects comprised of smart grid systems and all supporting systems including distributed generation (e.g., solar photovoltaic, wind, biomass, and hydroelectric systems) and energy and thermal storage in a transaction in which the client obtained approximately $5.3 million in a bridge loan from a Canadian municipal employees retirement system pension fund. This bridge loan was the first part of a proposed large investment, and subsequently both parties intended to discuss future investments, including a proposed CN150 million joint venture.
- Represented a Tulsa, Oklahoma-based oil and gas pipeline operator in connection with the purchase of a pipeline in Texas in an approximate $240 million transaction.