Our attorneys know first-hand what goes into creating and sustaining a career as a successful artist or performer. Not only are some of our attorneys former performers themselves, but we have also spent many years working side-by-side with talented individuals who are consummate professionals. We strive to secure cutting-edge deals that will advance our clients’ careers and professional aspirations while never losing sight of what matters to them most, such as safeguarding the integrity and longevity of their work product and helping to find ways to secure and expand their personal and professional successes.
Convergence = Opportunities to Build Multiple Revenue Streams
The entertainment industry, like most of America, has experienced a fundamental paradigm shift as the emergence of new media and digital content meets the proliferation of distribution platforms. While vertical integration of studios, broadcast and cable networks, music labels, new media and social networks still dominate market share, savvy artists who understand how to utilize new technology and social networking tools are developing new ways to turn direct access to fans into multiple revenue opportunities. Fox attorneys serve as their guide every step of the way.
Beyond the Spotlight
We know that our clients are about much more than their last professional achievement. With the ebb and flow of business and success can come many life changes — both planned and unplanned.
When the lights go down, we guide clients as they confront life’s many challenges, whether purchasing a home, setting up an estate plan or a family will, analyzing a private business opportunity or handling delicate family law matters. We provide competent advice to ensure that our clients’ interests are well-served and privacy is adequately protected.
We work with clients on a personal level and are intentional about fully understanding and anticipating their needs and desires. We build our relationships on loyalty, trust and respect, and we are fully committed to helping our clients in both their personal and professional lives. We know first-hand that one cannot exist successfully or happily without the other.
- Provided strategic counsel to a renowned rapper, actor, philanthropist and entrepreneur in connection with his brand diversification, including the development and launch of a personal brand of cognac, the launch of a new line of headphones, children’s educational web site and the development of a book series to help kids learn entrepreneurial skills.
- Assisted an “A-List” actress with a number of brand-building endeavors, ranging from various roles in major motion pictures, television pilots and Broadway plays to a making her directorial debut and the creation and launch of a production company.
- Counseled an award-winning actor on such celebrity brand expansion projects as the creation of a theater project that produces original media content to facilitate and encourage creative marketing partnerships, a licensing agreement for clothing and co-authorship of several genre novels.
- Advised a Tony-award winning playwright regarding copyright work for a award-winning Broadway play.
- Negotiated a $1 million-plus contract with network news on behalf of an executive producer.
- Represent best-selling authors in publishing agreements; development of worldwide branding, licensing and IP protection; vendor contracts and negotiation with Wall Street firms and others.
- Serve as lead counsel to original cast members of a majorly successful reality show, successfully renegotiating unprecedented agreements with the network that include substantial increases as well as negotiating spin-off television shows for multiple cast members.